Go Down

Topic: RF control issue . (Read 2567 times) previous topic - next topic

amine2

Feb 23, 2016, 11:23 am Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 11:23 am by amine2
i had these :

i lost the receiver and disassembled the transmitter and broke it , the thing is i found a little independent module hooked to the antenna .
it's an SPI to RF module , so it must be controllable with arduino .

the thing is , i cannot buy a receiver like that one .because it's no longer available in my country , what i need is a method or a module to receive the data from the transmitter module , i just cannot figure how , due to me being an ignorant when it comes to radio transmission .
it's all about the melons .

MarkT

I am afraid you haven't figured out how to use this forum either.  We do not mind read, we
don't have magical powers to turn a small photo into a part number or datasheet, we use
only the information you provide.

If you read the "how to use this forum" it tells you all this and more.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Boardburner2

You will probably need to find the spi format.

Some have been hacked but not all.

Last i looked for instance the spektrum had not but some others had.

amine2

Mark , here is the PDF of the thing : http://radiolink.com.cn/doce/UploadFile/ProductFile/2015060561597109.pdf   .

hey Board  , thank you , the SPI format is not the problem here .
the problem is with the reciever module , i cant find one .

raschemmel

Feb 23, 2016, 04:25 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 06:09 pm by raschemmel
i cannot buy a receiver like that one .because it's no longer available in my country
What country are you in ?

what i need is a method or a module to receive the data from the transmitter module , i just cannot figure how , due to me being an ignorant when it comes to radio transmission . 
You can't make a spread spectrum receiver. If you can't find one you can't use it. Get a different transmitter, like 72 Mhz.

Boardburner2

Feb 23, 2016, 09:57 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 10:06 pm by Boardburner2
Spektrum make what is called a satellite, basically a spread spectrum reciever with spi output.
he decoding is done separately.

Unlikely that different manufacturers are compatible though.  

Orange is a popular cheap make.

Best to ask in the RC forums, someone there may know what is compatible with what.

Given that the cost of these modules can be high it is probably cheaper to buy a cheap tx RX pair.

raschemmel

Feb 23, 2016, 10:09 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 10:14 pm by raschemmel
I don't believe that is thef OP's transmitter because he said he "lost" his receiver. If he had  any RC experinence he would know the don't sell transmitters with just one receiver.  It's useless with only one receiver. I think he is trying to buil d an IED. This ims a continuation of another one of his posts asking how to "trigger" something from 3 km.

Boardburner2

i had these :

it's an SPI to RF module , so it must be controllable with arduino .

Possibly but functions such as pairing of tx and rx will be built in , you would have to figure out the commands in spi to do that.

Some have been hacked, but if its a cheap one noone is likely to bother.

Boardburner2

I don't believe that is thef OP's transmitter because he said he "lost" his receiver. If he had  any RC experinence he would know the don't sell transmitters with just one receiver.  It's useless with only one receiver. I think he is trying to buuld an IED.
Its actually more common than might be obvious.

Club shop regularly gets walk ins with similar requests.

Brand makes which the regulars use have available parts.

Fairly common to get 'expensive toys' for which spares are unavailable.

raschemmel

Feb 23, 2016, 10:16 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 11:00 pm by raschemmel Reason: jstu
 He's not trying to drive a servo. He's trying to send  1 bit.

amine2

He's not trying to drive a servo. jHe's trying to send  1 bit.
you have some very good memory sir .
how on earth can you remember after all this time , yes i am not willing to drive servos , i am just transmitting little bytes of information over Radio , not for a Bomb though that i can promise you .

raschemmel

Feb 23, 2016, 10:59 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 11:09 pm by raschemmel
you have some very good memory sir .
how on earth can you remember after all this time ? , yes i am not willing to drive servos , i am just transmitting little bytes of information over Radio
I have a memory like a steel trap. I am an electronics technician and have been remembering technical project details for 30 years.

i am just transmitting little bytes of information over Radio , not for a Bomb though that i can promise you . 
Then for what ?

Boardburner2

Why not tell us what you are trying to do ?

Bodging an old RC set may be something i would have tried 30 years ago due to cost.

For signalling to my shed i use ir.

I do not have a 3 KM garden though.

raschemmel

amine2

i have a series of 7-segment displays hooked to an arduino
and i want to send the data to it ,i just want to display a number 800meters away , the transmitter i already have can do that , though i can't figure the receiver part.

Go Up