Go Down

Topic: RF control issue . (Read 2558 times) previous topic - next topic

raschemmel

Feb 24, 2016, 10:20 am Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 11:09 am by raschemmel
Good luck with that

You still haven't answered the question. What are you doing ?
You gave an incomplete answer. What are you doing ?
It sounds like a remote countdown timer.

amine2

Good luck with that

You still haven't answered the question. What are you doing ?
You gave an incomplete answer. What are you doing ?
It sounds like a remote countdown timer.
what does that have to do with the actual solution to the problem ?
i am just sending numbers and i want to use my SPI to RF module but cannot find a way to receive the stuff . that's it man .
it's all about the melons .

raschemmel

Feb 24, 2016, 03:03 pm Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 04:57 pm by raschemmel
what does that have to do with the actual solution to the problem ?
i am just sending numbers and i want to use my SPI to RF module but cannot find a way to receive the stuff . that's it man .
No that's not it , man. You are leaving out the part about why you are sending the numbers and why 800 meters ? (reduced from the original 3 km).

It has nothing to do with the solution. It has to do with our choice of whether or not to help you. The assistance offered by The Forum is a privilege, not a right. Right now I am challenging your reason for seeking our assistance. I think it's pretty obvious why I am asking, and it is starting to become obvious why you are not answering.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?
WHY ARE YOU SENDING THE NUMBERS ?

And while we're on that subject why did you post this in October of 2015 ?
(in THIS post)

so all i need , is to transmit a logic or analog state over a very long distance . something around 4km to 5km . like a high state or a low state ... or a voltage value . all the possibilities use pre-defined protocols .
i want something from scratch . like it only transmits something very simple , like a voltage or a wave that i can later analyse
Reply#16 of that post:
there are many buildings in the way .. and some high trees ..
the RF systems are meant to carry bytes of information . all i need is one bit .
Believe it or not, it is OUR prerogative to ask this question when we suspect our assistance is being sought to accomplish some end we do not endorse or approve of. If you want our help, answer the question or go somewhere else.

"That's it, man."

Boardburner2

Feb 24, 2016, 05:45 pm Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 05:46 pm by Boardburner2
i have a series of 7-segment displays hooked to an arduino
and i want to send the data to it ,i just want to display a number 800meters away , the transmitter i already have can do that , though i can't figure the receiver part.
That requires somewhat more than one bit.

I took the time to read your previous posts.
Your time stamp puts you in europe or west africa both areas of high alert.

I agree with Rchemmels comment.

raschemmel

Feb 24, 2016, 06:11 pm Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016, 05:55 am by raschemmel
I'm not convinced there are any 7-segment displays. I think that may be an attempt to mask the intent of the system because his last attempt at this raised too much suspicion when he said all he needed was one bit. That post ended with the OP changing the title to [SOLVED] , without explaining HOW it was solved , other than to say he used "some other modules". Why were there no details as to how it was "[SOLVED]" in Oct of 2015 ? The purpose of making these posts accessible to the public is for everyone to benefit from the information. To post for help, then claim you solved yourself, and not say how, is an affront to the rest of the forum who have been following the post and would want to know HOW it was solved. It is on a par with members posting until they get what they want and then not saying thank you, just disappearing.  I have seen that before. You take the time to post some link that solves their post and then they just disappear without a word. Terminating a long post by changing the title to [SOLVED] with no explanation of how , is almost the same thing.

What raises a flag is that the OP did not want to answer the question of why he wants to send the numbers. This seems like an innocuous question. Most posters would reply "I don't know why it matters , but if you must know...the reason is ...etc" Why dodge it ? What is he hiding ? What is the project ?

Note: The OP's Local Time (from Profile)  is GMT+ 1 hr.

Countries in GMT+1 Time Zone
The following countries use GMT+1 as their Time Zone.  NB No Summer Time / Daylight Saving Time is used.

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Niger, Nigeria

amine2

Raschemmel ... well i could just lie about it ? but i don't want to lie about it .
i am working on a project , and once it's done , ill post everything about it in the Forum .
i am not saying this to dodge responding or anything , but i actually solved this one to .

ill post everything about my project once it's done , for the general public to benefit from it (you'll not hear about it in the news don't worry )

Boardburner2

Feb 25, 2016, 05:20 pm Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016, 05:33 pm by Boardburner2
Please read this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3462985/How-brains-ISIS-s-bombs-American-Islamic-fanatics-use-everyday-items-world-smuggled-terror-heartland-create-lethal-IEDs.html

In this case PIC's are used but the article mentions both countdown timers and remote control.

Both of which have been mentioned already in this thread.

You cannot expect to get assistance without explaining Exactly what you want to do.

You said you are not making IED, but that's exactly what i would expect someone to say if they are up to no good.

Continuing with this mindset will only get mistrust from the board members.

EDIT

PLUS , this is a public forum, even if what you are doing is above board the information may be useful to others.

raschemmel

Feb 25, 2016, 05:33 pm Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016, 06:09 pm by raschemmel
Why can't you tell us now instead of later ? You didn't give a reason yet. You said you would explain it all when you finished the project but if you were up to no good then it would already be too late for us.

but i actually solved this one to .
Once again, no explanation for the benefit of others....

amine2

my solution = nRF24L01 

Go Up