Go Down

Topic: Will you write encoder code for a charity for disabled kids?  (Read 3653 times) previous topic - next topic

Dumbname2016

Pert,

That is correct. We also have some unique if/else statements needed to make it suitable for kids with disabilities. 

Thanks.

pert

Do you want to use an Arduino Leonardo/Micro/Pro Micro or do you want to use a Teensy? Teensyduino has a built in Joystick library and I found one for the standard Arduino boards: https://github.com/MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary but they have different APIs so the code would be different depending on the hardware.

We also have some unique if/else statements needed to make it suitable for kids with disabilities.
You should probably provide that information. Do you already have code written for this project?

Dumbname2016

Pert,

I have a Teensy 3.1 and an Arduino Micro. Thanks for the link. I do not have any of the if else statements written, that's the part I need help with.

Thanks

pert

I have a Teensy 3.1 and an Arduino Micro.
Which one do you prefer the code to be written for?

I do not have any of the if else statements written
Please provide a complete description of what these "if else" statements should do.

that's the part I need help with.
What part don't you need help with? Have you done any work on the project so far? If so please share what you have.

If you want someone to work on this you need to provide as much information as possible. Not just vague statements. I shouldn't have to drag it out of you.

Bainesbunch

I thought that i had offered a complete solution for this problem using an Arduino MINI acting as a USB mouse and even sent you some code.

It all went a bit pair shaped when you asked me to give you full IP to everything i had given you.

I said i would be happy to do that as long as it was not used commercially as you where doing this as a charity gig and if i was to give you the code i would not expect you to profit from it.

Has something changed since then ?

Cheers Pete.
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring
I do answer personal requests for help when accompanied with a PayPal receipt ;)

PaulMurrayCbr

So, the situation is that you want to plug two encoders into pins on your ardiono, and the arduino should announce (over usb) that it is a joystick and generate joystick output.

This doesn't sound that difficult. Surely someone has already done it.

What's wrong with this?

It seems like it might do what you want.
http://paulmurraycbr.github.io/ArduinoTheOOWay.html

Go Up