Go Down

Topic: How did you learn to program (Any Language)? (Read 2569 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Better hurry.
Or just buy a few Atmega 328s and put them away for safe keeping  :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ChrisTenone

Or just buy a few Atmega 328s and put them away for safe keeping  :)

...R
A few hundred ...
What, I need to say something else too?

Robin2

A few hundred ...
IIRC you would prefer people to have unused PICs in their cupboard ?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

goodinventor

Better hurry.  The educational and documentation infrastructure is disappearing.  :-(
(For example, the SAMD datasheets (Arduino Zero) don't even contain an "instruction set summary")
I have access to the ARM Architecture Reference Manuals. The instruction sets are summed up in those documents along with many other architectural features. I was thinking I should learn x86/x64 assembly (for PC low-level tasks), some form of the ARM Cortex-A series assembly (ARMv7-A or ARMv8-A) for my visual processing tasks, some form of the ARM Cortex-M series assembly (ARMv7-M or ARMv8-M), and of course the assembly language for a basic 8-bit microcontroller for the basic tasks (I'm leaning towards AVR, but then, again, I'm not sure if it will still exist by the time I have learned the architecture).

ChrisTenone

IIRC you would prefer people to have unused PICs in their cupboard ?

...R
Or as we say, "PICs - your home town microcontroller". Of course, the brand new (and huge) Intel plant is right across the street, so of course I like those too! It's like silicon desert here in Chandler. In Scottsdale, it's more like silicone desert, but that something different.

Robin2

Mar 13, 2016, 10:35 am Last Edit: Mar 13, 2016, 10:36 am by Robin2
Intel built a huge place where I used to live as well (Leixlip, Ireland).

...R

ChrisTenone

Intel built a huge place where I used to live as well (Leixlip, Ireland).

...R
They're everywhere I guess. A friend who works there calls it "In hell".

Go Up