Go Down

Topic: shield for control DC motor 1,4A (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

VenatorV

I'm looking for a shield for arduino or something similar, for control 4 DC brushed motors with 1,4 A per channel at least, and more than 4V can anybody tell me where i can search for it, or give me a link?

I found some but not of the features I need

thank you all!

jremington

MarkT

Checkout the Adafruit quad motor shield too - be sure to find out the stall current rating of your motors
though, that's the key value you need to know.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

VenatorV

I have seen the shield of adafruit, the current is 1.2A per channel and 3A peak, do you think that would work with my process from 0.8A to a maximum of 1.4A at maximum power

MarkT

Mar 12, 2016, 05:41 pm Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 05:42 pm by MarkT
No, as I said you need to find out the stall current, and make sure the controller can tolerate that.

Stall current is what flows when the motor is first powered up from stationary, equals supply voltage
divided by winding resistance.   Maximum working power is usually much less.

You could help us by posting a link or datasheet to your motor, that avoids confusion as to
which current rating we are talking about.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

VenatorV

The problem is that I donĀ“t have the datasheet of my engine, but I can see now is working at that intesity:

5%->0.47A-1.18V
10%->0.59A-1.38V
15%->0.7A-1.16V
20%->0.78A-1.71V
30%->0.95A-2.01V
40%->1.07A-2.36V
45%->1.15A-2.38V
50%->1.22A-2.45V
60%->1.3A-2.5V
70%->1.32A-2.87V
80%->1.36A-3.04V
90%->1.38A-3.2V
100%->1.42A-3.43V

peak intensity is less than 3A (2.8 approx), my question is if the shield would hold intinsities of 1.4A at certain critical moments.

I'm working on a drone for replace the software using arduinoUNO.

I apologize if my English is not entirely correct, because it is not my native language and it takes a little express and understand some terms.

jremington

The stall current is measured with the shaft locked (at low voltage so you don't damage the motor). Alternatively, measure the resistance of the motor winding and divide that into the motor power supply voltage.

The stall current will be much higher than the running current.

Go Up