Go Down

Topic: Starting to Make a Musical Clock (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

shawnlg

Mar 18, 2016, 07:31 pm Last Edit: Mar 18, 2016, 07:36 pm by shawnlg
I'm in the process of creating a musical clock that will play a different song every hour.  Kind of like those wall clocks that play Christmas songs.  Except mine will use LED 7-segment digits and will have wires hanging out to give it that geek look.

The first part of the project was to come up with a way to get songs into the clock.  After some experimenting, I decided to use a 4-voice synth for the Arduino that I found.  I list it on the readme page of my project.

I have written a tutorial as part of the sketch and have included it with song data as part of the project.

If you are interested in using the code or tutorial for your own musical project, it's here.

https://github.com/shawnlg/arduino-musical-clock

I'm now going to turn to the song creation part of the project.  Since I'm making these clocks as gifts for my nieces, nephews, and grandchildren, I'm going to arrange 12 children's songs.  In my case, they are going to be songs that they sing in church.

Once that is done, I'll work on the clock part of the project.  I will update my project with the clock code as I get further along.

You can use the clock code to build a similar clock and arrange your own songs if you'd like.

I would welcome any suggestions on improving the project.  Right now it's just the synth, but I'll be adding more.  Also, if anyone would like to arrange clock songs, I can include them for everyone to use and give the author credit.
Shawn Gordhamer

elgrillo

Hi,

Were you able to make his project work? I think it's a great idea! I'd like to do the same thing but instead of the tone generator, I'd like to use some wav or mp3 files.

Thanks for any help!

Go Up