Go Down

Topic: Repurposing 2.4GHz USB mouse dongle (Read 22425 times) previous topic - next topic

vaspoul

Hi everyone,

like a lot of people here I imagine I have a whole collection of old computer bits gathering dust in a box. For many of my projects I could do with having wireless comms with a PC. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck repurposing the USB tranceivers that come with wireless mice/keyboards. I've seen a few references and forum posts on this, but they mainly talk about how the 2.4GHz receivers use a proprietry protocol, encryption, etc. I was more interested in reprogramming the dongle entirely and then be able to use my protocol.

I appreciate there are other methods (wifi/bluetooth modules, etc), this is more about reusing existing bits of tech.

UPDATE : OK, I just answered my own question! I came across this, which does something very close to what I'm after. I'll still post this here in case it's of any use to anyone!

https://hackaday.io/post/20843

esamzenhom

THAAAAANKS

Hi everyone,

like a lot of people here I imagine I have a whole collection of old computer bits gathering dust in a box. For many of my projects I could do with having wireless comms with a PC. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck repurposing the USB tranceivers that come with wireless mice/keyboards. I've seen a few references and forum posts on this, but they mainly talk about how the 2.4GHz receivers use a proprietry protocol, encryption, etc. I was more interested in reprogramming the dongle entirely and then be able to use my protocol.

I appreciate there are other methods (wifi/bluetooth modules, etc), this is more about reusing existing bits of tech.

UPDATE : OK, I just answered my own question! I came across this, which does something very close to what I'm after. I'll still post this here in case it's of any use to anyone!

https://hackaday.io/post/20843

Mazza99

That's pretty cool actually. Something that I've been wanting to learn more about for a long time. Gracias!

Go Up