Go Down

Topic: Servo (Futaba s3003) not working (Read 799 times) previous topic - next topic

Shreyans23

Hi everyone!

I'm a beginner at Arduino and was trying to make a servo motor(Futaba s3003) work. I'd attached the signal pin to PWM pin 9 and provided the voltage and ground through an external battery of 9V. Instead of spinning, it just twiched as soon as the circuit was complete and then stopped. Whenever I disconnected and reconnected the circuit, it twiched again and then did nothing. Any leads would help me alot. Thank you!

The code I used was as follows
Code: [Select]

#include <Servo.h>

Servo servo1;
 // create servo object to control a servo
                // twelve servo objects can be created on most boards

int pos = 0;    // variable to store the servo position

void setup()
{
  servo1.attach(9); // attaches the servo on pin 9 to the servo object
}

void loop()
{
  for(pos = 0; pos <= 180; pos += 1) // goes from 0 degrees to 180 degrees
  {                                  // in steps of 1 degree
    servo1.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
    delay(15);     

// waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
  }

delay(2000);

for(pos = 0; pos>=-180; pos-=1)     // goes from 180 degrees to 0 degrees
  {                               
    servo1.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
    delay(15);

// waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
  }
  delay(2000);
}

zoomkat

Mar 24, 2016, 07:15 am Last Edit: Mar 24, 2016, 07:15 am by zoomkat
and provided the voltage and ground through an external battery of 9V.
You may have damaged your servo as it is rated for 4.8v-6v. Note that the arduino ground and servo ground need to be connected together like below.

Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

Shreyans23

Apologies, I forgot to mention earlier, I did create a voltage divider and provided only 6V to the motor.
Probably I forgot to give arduino and the servo a common ground. Thanks for your help!

Grumpy_Mike

A voltage divider is not going to power a servo, you need a voltage regulator chip and capacitors to provide the power. Also make that 15mS delay more like half a second.

jremington

The servo power supply should be able to supply 5-6 volts at 1 ampere. A 9V PP3 battery cannot do that.

Go Up