Go Down

Topic: Arduino 8x8 matrix emulator/simulator (Read 713 times) previous topic - next topic

CarnageTR

Hi!

I want to replace an old 8x8 keypad with resistive touch screen and i want to use arduino as mediator to interface old system with new system. Yet i sucked at some point.

I can succesfully read x and y coordinates from screen yet even tought i doesnt touch the screen, screen still gives midpoint coordinates. How can i configure the arduino just read when i touched to th screen? Or how to get some null values while i doesnt touch?

Another problem is that old system was using keypad. I want to change it with arduino. I have to emulate keystrokes with arduino. How can i make this emulation?

Paul__B

The problem here is - no-one really has the faintest idea what you are describing.

Do read the instructions for posting.

For each of the devices to which you refer, you must cite a Web link, a photograph, a schematic diagram, and/ or a complete specification.  And whatever code you have used, posted within "code" tags as per those instructions.

Over to you!

CarnageTR

The problem here is - no-one really has the faintest idea what you are describing.

Do read the instructions for posting.

For each of the devices to which you refer, you must cite a Web link, a photograph, a schematic diagram, and/ or a complete specification.  And whatever code you have used, posted within "code" tags as per those instructions.

Over to you!

I am not a native English speaker thats why I couldnt well describe the problem. To make it simpler I will ask about one problem at a time. I searched about it on the internet for a decent amount of time. I couldnt find any document about it.

I have a 8x8 matrix kaypad. It connected another non-arduno device. I want to remove the keypad and replace it with arduino. Arduino will not read keypad. Contrary will act like keypad and simulate press of buttons on a predefined sequence over and over again. Can it be doable? If yes how can it be?

Paul__B

Firsts step then - Show us the keypad.  Show us the "other device" to which it was attached.

Go Up