Go Down

Topic: 5 DoF Robot arm, MG996R, positional feedback. (Read 958 times) previous topic - next topic

Mcguckinjon

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this so apologies for asking for the basics. I have a project at college where I am to control a 5 DoF robot arm using servos and positional feedback. I have the MG996R servos and an arduino.

Could someone give me a starter for 10? i.e. how do I connect my servos to an arduino and is it straight forward to get the necessary feedback?

Thanks in advance

PaulS

Thanks in advance
You might have more to be thankful for if you posted a link to the servos you are using.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

JimboZA

how do I connect my servos to an arduino and is it straight forward to get the necessary feedback?

The connection part's easy; have a look at the examples here. But ignore the part where they power the servo from the Arduino: give the servo its own power from other source, and join all the -ves together (servo -ve, Arduino gnd, servo power -ve).

The feedback's not so easy; there's normally no link from the servo's internals back out to the user. Adafruit sell these modified servos with an extra wire, so perhaps you could mod yours the same? Failing that someone may have some other suggestions...
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

Go Up