Go Down

Topic: Bootloading ATMEGA328P-PU with Optiloader (Read 4838 times) previous topic - next topic

NickyG

OK so I've still to check the bridging of the buss but I'm also going to solder up the setup on a protoboard to see if it's a dodgy connection. Dmm couldn't find anything

MalharD

OK so I've still to check the bridging of the buss but I'm also going to solder up the setup on a protoboard to see if it's a dodgy connection. Dmm couldn't find anything
Did you bridge those gapes with some jumper wires as suggested ??
Should I send you an frizzing image explaining it ??
But running fritzing may take half an hour on my machine....

-Malhar

Murphy always gets me ...

Budvar10

Alright so reading from 5v to xtal1 get a volt reading of 1.45v. Although that 2.5v you mention is that across the crystal I.e from xtal1 to the capacitor.
I meant XTAL1 - GND voltage, it should be close to 2.5V (if VCC=5V), measured as DC with any DMM. In perfect condition it is square signal 50%:50% at clock frequency, so the DMM measure the average value, half of 5V. 1.45V seems to be less than it should be if you measured correctly.
Arduino clone with ATmega1284P   http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0

NickyG

Hi guys,

Haven't had a chance to check yet. Will do tomorrow. Malhar I fully understand what you mean. No need for the frizzing.

Budvar I'll recheck that value reading from the points you noted.

NickyG

bridged the buss, no change, still get the same error.

Measured across Xtal1-GND got a volt reading of 1.6.

Any tips

Go Up