Arduino Nano + ENC28J60 running 2 universe of WS2812 - sACN/ArtNet

I have been working on a low cost solution for driving TWO universes of WS2812 LEDs from a standard Arduino Nano and an ENC28J60 Ethernet board

The video attached shows the browser configuration (the served HTML is inside the Nano)

Appreciate any comments or suggestions

Regards, Bob

My latest video blog of the project

Try to look to ArduinoDMXWS2811

This project is arduino code which allows an Arduino Mega with an Ethernet shield to run as an 8 output WS2811 DMX controller. It also supports 8 relay outputs with the attachment of a relay board.
The only file you need to change is global.h which has all the setting such as IP Address, Universes etc
Built and tested with W5100 arduino which is very limited in its abilities. I have optimised it as much as I can. Waiting for a W5200 board to test it on.

May be it will be more usefull to enchance ready project, than make new!? :slight_smile:

Thanks very much, this was actually more of a cost exercise, I have quite a lot of people that want a very cheap solution

Just had a quick look at your code, excellent work !!

Do you support ArtPollReply ?

Hello!
Sorry for late response.
It is not my project. I'm not a programmist. I'm just want to have cheap solution to drive 2 or more univerces. As I understand - you to )
I have good expierence to drive ~150 leds on ~20fps with ENC28J60. But there are too limited resources on arduino, and libraries too universal for many types of porposes. Extra functions takes some of limited resources. I want to find solution, that totaly tries to use all arduino "power" to drive as more leds, as it can. With 25 or more fps.
I found your post and just want to say, that I have found some project, that may be most adaptuve fo that.
I don't try it, because I do not understand it. May be it will be usefull for you.
Sorry for pore English.

Hello, I am nearly at my completion of the project, which now has commercial interest

I have the ability to drive 340 RGB Leds (as 2 x 170) or 256 RGBW Leds (as 2 x 128), in NRZ or SPI data at 25fps

Also with a full configuration interface in a browser, with the ability to finely adjust RGB&W brightness for colour matching between panels/strips, as well as test the LEDs in the panels/strips.

This whole project was cost driven, as such I have a fully completed product for a build cost of a little over £6 (including all packaging)

For more information visit my DIY DMX Lighting Group : DIY DMX & Pixel Lighting (Art-Net/Hardware/Software) | Facebook

I would be interested to see what you have found, similarily :slight_smile:

By me is you've got a couple of shortcomings in the interface.
Window Led configuration need to add this all RGB and RGBW combination (GRB , BRG .... and GRBW BRGW ...) believes the Chinese were sent to the bar that has druviji schedule RGB. It was a RGB now arrived BGR. I think they turned out to suit them.
Window Pixel LED Test there should not add purple, yellow and white color.If you add two usb iterface you can to set the beaten two different tapes. the biggest difference is seen in yellow, purple and white.I see that it can be adjusted through the RGBMix .
I hope I helped.
Greetings

The driving software (jinx in my case) has the ability to alter the order of colours to suit the driving product, this can be done PER universe

Once set in my interface both universe will output the same order

Perhaps I should not NAME the colours, but instead give them a number 1/2/3(4)

I wont be making different orders for each universe
I wont be adding purple, this is a simple device, if anyone wants something more adaptable they should really be buying something that is more complex and costly

Bob

Hello,
I'm interested in this project. I do want to create an ArtnetNode based on the ENC28J60 in connection with the DmxSerial library for private use.

Since I have very little knowledge in programming, I need some help to get the Artnet part running. Would you be willing to share your code, or part of it, so that I have a point to start with???

Thanks

Marcus

Please take a look at THIS topic
Crickey did quite alot of work on it

Hi Bob,

I am inspired by your project in a search for soluition to my challengs. I have 10 strips of 2m with 60 pixels per meter, which i would like to realize a matrix of 120 x 10 pixels. Do you have any ideas how to expand the number of pixels of your solution. Can i easy change the limitation of 170 leds for example to 1200 or do i need multiple devices and define them seperatly in for example Jinx!

regards Patrick

Cheers Patrick

I submitted another project on here for esp8266/Wemos boards, for driving 170 Pixels

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=434498.0

I have done a considerable amount of work since then, and I am now up to 5440 Pixels with this device

With the OT project (Nano + Enc ethernet), I found 340 pixels to be the maximum as the Nano does not have enough ram to hold the data, and the Enc device does not hae enough ram to do much more either

Fun project, but has its limitations, but its great to be on a hardwired system !