Go Down

Topic: Remote Control Servo (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

skb503

I have a Arduino uno, villas sg90 servo, and a simple RF T4 receiver. I am a newbie and having issues figuring out how to get the receiver to activate the motion of the servo (Wiring and coding). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

patduino

Hi skb,

I recommend you start small and first get the servo control working before you add the remote control capability.  Do you know how to wire up and control the servo?

I can help, but would like you to learn along the way.

Pat.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those that don't.

skb503

Yes sir, I have the servo wired and operating based on a kit that I got my arduino with. I have a pretty good grasp of how that side works.

patduino

Great! Have you been able to get the RF link to work?  Check out sites like http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/VirtualWire/ for links to a library.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those that don't.

skb503

Thats what I am stuck on. I'm not sure how to connect the RF receiver on the board to start with.

I looked through those libraries and didn't see anything for a 315MHz receiver

skb503

Also, can I do this on a single Arduino or do I need 2?

patduino

That looks like a pretty cool receiver. I think all you do is connect the +5v, ground, and the D0-D3 pins should switch on and off when you press the key fob buttons.

If you connect them to any of the arduino GPIO pins, you should be able to sense their states.

I'd try that before trying to control the servo.

patduino

Apr 12, 2016, 01:12 am Last Edit: Apr 12, 2016, 01:16 am by patduino
Also, take a peek at Jimbo's posting on a similar issue:

Link

I think he's using the same receiver.

skb503

ok, I think I am headed in the right direction now

Go Up