Go Down

Topic: How can I send .zip, .rar file with I2C ? (Read 163 times) previous topic - next topic

kamran229

Hi friends. I want to send and receive information between two computers using arduino(slave to master).I want to know how much information send and receive?

Juraj

kamran229

unlimited. but slow. very slow
How can I send .zip file with I2C? Can you give me an example? Examle I'm trying send string text but  I can't send more than 32 characters.

Juraj

How can I send .zip file with I2C? Can you give me an example? Examle I'm trying send string text but  I can't send more than 32 characters.
send 32 and then the next 32 and next ...

GolamMostafa

You can send more than 32 bytes in ONE GO by changing the buffer size in the Wire.h Library. Note that I2C is a byte oriented protocol; it always sends one byte in one transmission frame.

kamran229

You can send more than 32 bytes in ONE GO by changing the buffer size in the Wire.h Library. Note that I2C is a byte oriented protocol; it always sends one byte in one transmission frame.
Are there other alternatives? How can I send and receive data(.zip or .rar) between two computers through arduino?

Juraj

Are there other alternatives? How can I send and receive data(.zip or .rar) between two computers through arduino?
use computer networks to transmit data between computers, not Arduino.

kamran229

use computer networks to transmit data between computers, not Arduino.

For security, I don't want to share data over the network. That's why I chose arduino. There was no other way? Can't send data over Arduino?

Juraj

For security, I don't want to share data over the network. That's why I chose arduino. There was no other way? Can't send data over Arduino?
you can connect two computer with a serial cable, USB cable, RS485 adapters, you can even connect two computers directly with an Ethernet cable.

GolamMostafa

Encrypt your .zip/.rar file and send it using commercial network.

jremington

Jan 14, 2020, 09:34 pm Last Edit: Jan 14, 2020, 09:37 pm by jremington
For security, I don't want to share data over the network.
Put the data on a thumb drive and carry it from one computer to another.

Most Arduinos have no file storage capability.

Go Up