Go Down

Topic: How to flash genuine HM-10 firmware on CC2541 (make genuine HM-10 from CC41) (Read 145273 times) previous topic - next topic

krig

I flashed an AT-09 without any problems using my Wemos D1 (ESP8266).
Everything looked very promising - but I think it's not a full HM-10 now.

I can use AT+DISI? with some success - but AT+DISC? doesn't work for me.

All I wanted to do was a presence detection for my iPhone (which seems to be undetectable with AT+DISI?).
This project is bugging me for weeks now! I thought it may take me 2 days tops.

Was anyone able to detect the presence of an iPhone (or any other smartphone for that matter) using an HM-10 clone?
Please let me know!

Today I ordered an original DSD HM-19 and will try my luck with that.

k0n1e5

Hi,
I've just bricked 3 ble bluetooth modules (AT09) by flashing CC2541hm10v540 firmware on them (found here: https://github.com/RedBearLab/CCLoader/tree/master/Bin). Actually, I tried a number of firmwares (all flashed with no problem via arduino and CCLoader), but every time, after connecting to the serial terminal, no matter what baudrate and lineendings, they do not response to AT command.
Is there maybe a working full firmware for AT09 flashing and make it respond to AT commands, or should I simply throw away those HM10 clones?

marco1960m

Hi all
I need your help me to solve this problem
I have a MLT-BT05 that was not working properly, I tried to replace the firmware with the version CC2541hm10V540.bin, but after upload the BLE is not working anymore.
No UART response through Arduino and also the phone did not find the board.
I downloaded from Github the CCloader-master file with included two bin files, and uploading the DEMO.BIN the phone is able to detect the BLE, named as Biscuit BT05, but the TX and RX pin are not working.
Did someone face this problem? what version is the DEMO.BIN file and where Can I find a functional version
The original firmware was MLT-BT05 V4.0

elik745i

Hi all
I need your help me to solve this problem
I have a MLT-BT05 that was not working properly, I tried to replace the firmware with the version CC2541hm10V540.bin, but after upload the BLE is not working anymore.
No UART response through Arduino and also the phone did not find the board.
I downloaded from Github the CCloader-master file with included two bin files, and uploading the DEMO.BIN the phone is able to detect the BLE, named as Biscuit BT05, but the TX and RX pin are not working.
Did someone face this problem? what version is the DEMO.BIN file and where Can I find a functional version
The original firmware was MLT-BT05 V4.0

The same, no communication with module. 
Searching for solution!
Guess need to order different modules, theese are fake-fake ones..
Wake up NEO...

elik745i

Does anyone have original bolutek firmware? the one discussed here does not work for clone Bolutek ble-cc41 module. That is why the module does not work and there is no AT communication!!! NEED ORIGINAL BOLUTEK FIRMWARE to be flashed back to the module!
Wake up NEO...

PieterP

I understand that it's frustrating, but these modules cost less than $10. If you value your time at even slightly higher than minimum wage, spending more than an hour trying to get it to work is just a waste of time, because messing around with closed-source firmwares that may or may not work is unlikely to be an educational or fun activity.
Personally, I'd just cut my losses and get an ESP32 or nRF53 or a Bluetooth module that is known to work.

marco1960m

Hi Elik745i

I found that with the DEMO.Bin installed, the TX pin is not the pin2 of the b-t05, but the pin 4 and the RX is not the pin 1 but the pin 3
The UART baud rate is 57600 and using the BLE scanner, in the CUSTOM SERVICE, with the Custom characteristic UUID=0x2902 and enabling the Notification, the text that you write in the Arduino IDE serial monitor, is transferred to the field value on the phone.
Same behaviour the text that you write in the below CUSTOM CHARACTERISTIC UUID=0x2901 in the BLE scanner, pushing W, it transfer the text to the Arduino Serial monitor interface.
What I'm searching the way to enable the AT command trasmission.
I try to replicate the same function of the HC-05 that request to put the Key pin at VCC,
Till now I have not found the right way to send command to the board (low case, upper case, with ? etc.)
Can you see the same result on your board?
Ciao

elik745i

Hi Elik745i

I found that with the DEMO.Bin installed, the TX pin is not the pin2 of the b-t05, but the pin 4 and the RX is not the pin 1 but the pin 3
The UART baud rate is 57600 and using the BLE scanner, in the CUSTOM SERVICE, with the Custom characteristic UUID=0x2902 and enabling the Notification, the text that you write in the Arduino IDE serial monitor, is transferred to the field value on the phone.
Same behaviour the text that you write in the below CUSTOM CHARACTERISTIC UUID=0x2901 in the BLE scanner, pushing W, it transfer the text to the Arduino Serial monitor interface.
What I'm searching the way to enable the AT command trasmission.
I try to replicate the same function of the HC-05 that request to put the Key pin at VCC,
Till now I have not found the right way to send command to the board (low case, upper case, with ? etc.)
Can you see the same result on your board?
Ciao

No bud, I do not see modules work at all after flashing. I found out that there are 2 types of firmware, the ones with bootloader included, and those for upgrade - without bootloader. Bootloader ones just flash and embedded LED does not work, other one makes LED to dimm, but both no serial communication no BLE discovery. The problem is my modules does not even seen on BLE scanner after flashing. I have tried 2 modules and those gone after that, no serial communication, no bluetooth discovery.
Wake up NEO...

marco1960m

Hi all
I'm trying to recover a MLT-BT05 that was not originally functional as expected.
After some firmware changes, now it is not anymore functional.
I wonder how aldonaletto was able to recover it and which firmware HM10 he used.

The only firmware that seems to be functional is the DEMO.BIN included in the CCLOADER package
with this firmware the board is seen by mobile and allows some text transfer between the Arduino serial interface (at 57600 BAUD) but through different pins and the BLE scanner app.

I suspect that there is a check in the firmware that detects a hardware difference of a clone board, that disables the firmware functions.

Comparing the different board I also see also the presence of a Capacitor that is not inserted in the original HM-10.
Do someone know what is the function of this capacitor?

Another possible reason is a defect in the CC2541 IC or the cancellation of part of the firmware (bootloader?)

Could aldonaletto give the firmware reference that he was using?

Did someone experience the same issues?

Thank you
Marco1960m

L4ky

I had same issues as many users.
After flashing a clone to genuine HM10 firmware, no AT response.

I solved it by sending "blindly" the command "AT+MODE1" 
Serial set to 9600 8 N 1.

Try it, may work for you too.

marco1960m

Hi
I wonder why other users were able to get their board functional, but not in my case
The board should have a standard CC2541 IC and some other passive components that should be equivalent to the ones  in the original board
i tried to upload several firmwares, some that should have the boatloader such as CC2541HM10V540.bin and CC2541HM10V550.bin, and other downloaded from HMsoft web repository, but all apparently not responsive, no signals detected also by mobile phone excluding the DEMO.BIN one.
This last one doesn't include AT commands (I compared the files with an hex editor)
I'm thinking of possible differences, one possible reason coud be that the firmware is comanding different UART TX/RX pins or that part of the firmware is missing. could it be the bootloader???

Could L4ky give me the firmware used in his upgrade?

Thank you for your support
Bye
Marco

Ozyris

Hi
I wonder why other users were able to get their board functional, but not in my case
The board should have a standard CC2541 IC and some other passive components that should be equivalent to the ones  in the original board
i tried to upload several firmwares, some that should have the boatloader such as CC2541HM10V540.bin and CC2541HM10V550.bin, and other downloaded from HMsoft web repository, but all apparently not responsive, no signals detected also by mobile phone excluding the DEMO.BIN one.
This last one doesn't include AT commands (I compared the files with an hex editor)
I'm thinking of possible differences, one possible reason coud be that the firmware is comanding different UART TX/RX pins or that part of the firmware is missing. could it be the bootloader???

Could L4ky give me the firmware used in his upgrade?

Thank you for your support
Bye
Marco
I have the same issue. CC41 after flashing works, but AT-09 does not. Demo.bin just lets phone to discover module.
I think pins definition is not in bootloader, and if combine in hex demo.bin, cc2541hm10v540.bin and hmsoft.bin (v540 without bootloader) files we can make this module works.

arnoud1965

Exactly same problem overhere. Firmware update went ok, but modules do not respond anymore :-(

Tried all baudrates, settings etc. They seem completely RIP.

This might have worked in the past, but not for me at this moment. Looking out for corrected firmware. Until then... hope the 'real thing' that I ordered will find it's way soon.

kekoha

Same problem with AT09 module. Led is always off after updating original firmware.  With demo.bin firmware module is disvovered but AT commands are not working.

Go Up