Go Down

Topic: Robot Following (Read 700 times) previous topic - next topic

SMM2

I am creating a robot soon and I would like to know the best way for my robot to follow me if I were just walking around.
Would I do this with a GPS module/shield... Or something else?
"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe."

jremington

GPS doesn't work indoors.

PaulS

Or something else?
A rope.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

JimboZA

How would you use GPS anyway?- what's your plan for that.

Seems to me, you would have to have a gps receiver to get your position, then transmit that data to the robot. Then the robot would also need a receiver to know its position, then compare the two and calculate a vector to you and then drive off on that path. Not impossible I guess, although as jremington says, not good indoors.

Search the forum: I recall some time ago there was someone using an ultrasonic sensor. If I recall, he used two of them, with one listening for the other. I don't remember the details so have a search. Then I think the other method people use is infrared beaconing, which you can google.
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

Scott_Callahan

I am creating a robot soon and I would like to know the best way for my robot to follow me if I were just walking around.
Would I do this with a GPS module/shield... Or something else?
An easy way would be a camera, like the Pixy cam.

Go Up