Go Down

Topic: Windows 10 and CH340 (Read 224728 times) previous topic - next topic

noweare

Good thread. I'm sure it has helped a lot of people.  Just to add my fix to the mix. I purchased 5 nano clones that from XCSOURCE Direct on Amazon. The board uses the CH340 chip. The driver installed fine and I could choose the com port in the IDE.

I could not upload to my board though. I would get the error :

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xe2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xe2
etc...

I changed the board to UNO via the IDE. That didn't help.
I changed the board to PRO MINI and then I was able to download.

Still don't know what the problem was though, but it's working now  : )

septillion

Still don't know what the problem was though, but it's working now  : )
EXACTLY what DrAzzy told in reply #41 ;)
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

noweare

EXACTLY what DrAzzy told in reply #41 ;)
Yeah, that worked. I guess I glazed over that reply. : )

verben

I changed the board to PRO MINI and then I was able to download.
It helped me too) I have no idea why

adriah

Even this topic is old, I have tried everything to make my clone of Arduino Nano. In my country is cheapest than a standalone ATmega 328 PU with a bootloader. and ofc is more suitable for prototyping. So, my solution comes with a USB 2.0 to TTL UART on FTDI FT232RL.
I suppose that some of this cheap clone have some problems with CH340 CI, so in my case, that was the problem (i tried  all solution from this forum, also from other internet pages)
Hope that is another solution for this problem

eduardoelpana76

Hello,  I was also struggling with CH340 Nano board with a Laptop that uses USB3.0 port.  After reading several time this blog and tried all this things

Main problem for me was not been able to see the COM Port in the device manager

1.  Reinstall latest version Arduino
2.  copy all to local folders avoid using one drive
3.  Reinstall the drivers from Chinese source and the second source
4.  removing everything from device drivers several times
5.   Uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
6.   restarting the computer several times

I was about to give up forever, but decided to do a new try

Solution
1.  ## At the end I changed the USB cable.  Even that the cable worked with Arduino UNO
2.  Reinstall the Chinese drivers (not sure if this helped at the end)
3.  Restart the computer
4.  connect again the Arduino nano board
5.  used the ATMEGA328P (Old Bootloader) as it was suggested in some earlier posts
6.  confirmed the port COM4 for me same as the device manager
7.  Used a simple program and made the compile / upload

and finally it worked.   The big thing was changing the cable.  Probably this help others, get some additional cables to try before going crazy as me.  Now let's play.

Ed - Pontlalocus

kasvi

Ehh.. having this same problem. Cheap chinese clone. Windows 10 recognizes the device, but I cant upload a sketch. It does blink some leds when I try to send the sketch but ends up on that typical error.

However I can upload sketches with usbasp, but I really need that plain usb cable working..

Any ideas? Bad cable?

septillion

Did you install the driver from here? http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_EXE.html

Windows 10 recognizes the device
Without ? or ! in the device manager?
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

saianaid

Solution
1.  ## At the end I changed the USB cable.  Even that the cable worked with Arduino UNO

Absolutely the same here. I spent two days going crazy over why was my machine not recognizing the Arduino Mega (it was nowhere to be seen in the device manager). In the end, I tried another cable and... "dun dun dun" the device recognized sound...

Worked flawlessly.

mosfetman

Aug 04, 2019, 06:56 am Last Edit: Aug 04, 2019, 01:48 pm by ballscrewbob Reason: Just in case this becomes a spam account.
I gave up on CH340 equipped boards. I had some problems when the low cost Mega2560 boards moved to the CH chips but I managed to get the project done. A few months ago I landed a similar project designing a retrofit/daughter board solution for hospital room vitals monitors. I bought 125 Nanos with the CH340g chips as I was assured that their driver issues were resolved.

I was able to program them until they suddenly show up in device manager as "unknown device status request- failed...". The nanos that failed like this continue to run the last code that loaded successfully but will not show up as a valid port. With the exact same platform (same cable, same PC, same everything), I could plug in a fresh nano and the new nano would show up in device manager as a valid serial port and program perfectly.

I no longer use any boards that use the CH chips. I have no problems with the FTDI,CP2102 or Intel AU chips...just with the CHs.

A FTDI equipped nano is about $5 or less, a CH equipped board is $2 bucks.
Isn't our time more valuable than a couple of bucks per board??

jp

septillion

Weird, after years and years never had a single CH340 fail.

I do have problems with FTDI though. With the fakes because they are blocked with the driver. And with the real deal because of how FTDI handle the whole FTDI-gate...

Go Up