So I sat for 2 or 3 days experiencing all of the problems that so many others have posted regarding the BME280. I used the Adafruit_BME280 with absolutely no success! I tried all the suggestions: Edited the .h to force the address to 0x76 to no avail. I tried pulling SD0 to ground. None of this worked and I tried many different sketches. I assumed I had killed the device.I then used the good old I2C scanner by Nick Gammon, and lo and behold, it confirmed a device at 0x76! After more struggling I started testing other libraries, and eventually found that BME280 Library by Tyler Glenn works like a bomb. The example included BME_I2C_Test reports Temp and Pressure, but 0.00% RH. The Environment_Calculations example also works well. As Adafruit say about their library: This is a library for the BME280 humidity, temperature & pressure sensor Designed specifically to work with the Adafruit BME280 Breakout ----> http://www.adafruit.com/products/2650Clearly the ones from the east are not the same, and must use a different library. Tested on an Arduino UNO
Try to get that from the bad sensor alone.
If you are using the Adafruit library take the address fount with I2C scanner and put it inside the beginCode: [Select]bme.begin(); For example if I2C found the sensor at 0x76 writeCode: [Select]bme.begin(0x76);
Thank you. Solved my problem