Go Down

Topic: upgrade from ProMini328? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

wothke

I'm guessing you used ribbon cable because it's flexible (by separating the colors). I concluded that from the variety of colors of your wires. I don't use ribbon cable because it's stranded.
actually the wires that I am using are from some legacy parallel printer cable (back from the old Atari days..) - but the wires are stranded as well...

raschemmel

Jun 27, 2016, 09:03 pm Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016, 09:05 pm by raschemmel
legacy parallel printer cable (  
You mean like a centronics cable ? (or a ribbon cable?)

So I guess the next question is have you ever actually tried colored wire wrap solid wire (26 guage to 32 guage) ?

If not, why not ? (it's the preferred wire used by professional techs for prototypes)

wothke

You mean like a centronics cable ? (or a ribbon cable?)

So I guess the next question is have you ever actually tried colored wire wrap solid wire (26 guage to 32 guage) ?

If not, why not ? (it's the preferred wire used by professional techs for prototypes)
yes, I am currently salvaging the wires from an old centronics cable.. and no, I've never tried solid wire. The reason is simple: I wanted to first use up whatever suitable wires I find in my pile of old cables before buying new ones.. the centronics stuff has plenty of colors and it seems to be of a reasonable core thickness.. once that I've exhausted my stock I'll probably look for better wires :-)

raschemmel

Jun 27, 2016, 10:45 pm Last Edit: Jun 27, 2016, 10:51 pm by raschemmel
Have you tried CAT5 wire ( solid) ?

Paul__B

Old but cautionary mention:  Beware some dodgy "CAT5" which is copper plated aluminium.

Go Up