Go Down

Topic: Arduino GSM shield 2 audio jack (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

vj01

Hi

i have a GSM shield 2 connected to an arduino uno, the GSM shield comes with an audio jack however i cant seem to get it to work.

the code works fine and it does make a call, once again however i cant talk or hear anything.

i have used HTC headphones, iphone and a few more, but it doesnt seem to work the mic or the speakers

can someone help me or explain why it is not working

thank you

ibrahdz

Hi,

The Quectel M10 module has two different audio ports. The GSM Shield is set up to used by default the first one, but the jack you can find on the board is attached to the second.

One way we found to make it work, was using the following AT command: AT+QAUDCH=1

You can find details on the AT command on the following datasheet:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/Quectel_M10_AT_commands.pdf

The other problem we are having is the command is not saved on the board, and everytime the power is lost the command goes back to the default.

dsp1207

Damn, thank you ibrahdz! Been trying for hours and this finally solved my problem!

tahmmee

This thread was very helpful as I experienced same issue.  The actual code becomes a bit complicated because I haven't found a way to send both raw AT commands while using the SMS library.

So I created a gist showing the code for sending raw AT commands to answer a call with proper audio settings in case other face this issue:
https://gist.github.com/tahmmee/1927e6b21680948657f732db1b75048b

cheers!

focusnet

I have a arduino uno and gsm shield 2. I have the same issue with the audio jack. How can i send the AT command to modem? If i load the #include <SoftwareSerial.h> i get a message: "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno".

Thanks a lot.
Raphael

focusnet

Solved with this command:

if (gsmAccess.begin(PINNUMBER) == GSM_READY) {
      notConnected = false;
      theGSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.println("AT+QAUDCH=1");
}

Go Up