Line following with OV7670 camera module

Hi,
I'm working on project where I have to build a robot that will follow a line with a camera and use image processing. From where I'm from its very hard to get electronic components so my only option is using the OV7670 camera which I can get. So the task I need to follow a white line with a black background. My plan was to take a picture with the OV7670 store it in the SD card module if necessary then load it from the SD card and check the RGB value of the pixels and move towards the direction. Then keep repeating this process. I know arduinos are not very fast for this kind of application but Im okay with that as long as it follows the line. This is because I cannot afford or get any external RAM or shields. In fact if I don have to check a pixel because its just a simple line follower. I really really need help. Any reply or guide will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

My plan was to take a picture with the OV7670 store it in the SD card module if necessary then load it from the SD card and check the RGB value of the pixels and move towards the direction.

Sorry but that will just not work.
Even if you had the right camera it takes about 10 to 15 seconds to store an image according to this:-
http://www.ladyada.net/make/IoTcamera/
And then analysis it would take about the same amount of time. So unless you are controlling a line following slug then a camera it is no use.

You need to use other sensors like reflective optics to detect your line.

Oh I see thank you very much. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to use any form of sensors and only a camera with image processing. So now we probably have to go buy a better camera or do something else, Thanks for the help anyway! Cheers

we are not allowed

So this is your homework that you want us to do for you?

The Arduino is totally the wrong platform to do this on so the idiot is the person who set this homework for you.

When I was in College it was up to us to do research and that included going on forums to seek help because knowledge is not always obtained without it and that is why we have these funny looking people we call teachers. Coming on a forum to seek help is absolutely what he should’ve been doing and in no way does it suggest he wanted someone to do his homework for him. Doing research myself I ended up here and have to say the negative response is discouraging from a community that is supposed to help one another. Those kind of comments are better suited to oneself and kept off the forums. My apologies you were not treated with kindness. I hope your project worked out for you.

Those kind of comments are better suited to oneself and kept off the forums. My apologies you were not treated with kindness.

I am not sure what troubles you about this? He was given information but insisted that his “rules” stated he could not use any platform, so he was told his rules and by implication the person who set the rules was stupid.

We often get people here who try and get us to help them cheat with homework and often these requests come with stupid rules attached.

This is a forum full of engineers not social workers. With only three posts then I do not feel you have any right to apologise on behalf of the forum, let alone for me.