Go Down

Topic: neopixel painter (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

harold1066

May 22, 2016, 01:36 pm Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:42 pm by harold1066
I have build the neopixel painter and have everything working in the order that the tutorial suggests.

https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-painter/overview

Prepare SD Shield & Card and reading the image via Serial Monitor set to 9600 baud rate, this shows the image on the card.

I have run fastLED sketch and this run all the different light patterns.

I have loaded the neopixel painter sketch and this can run the simple_demo but no matter what I seem to do I can't get the ledstrip_aminations to work.

I have checked all wiring and all are connected correctly.

I can't post the code as I am getting a excess 9000 characters notice :-(

Does anyone know why this sketch won't work?

PaulRB

no matter what I seem to do I can't get the ledstrip_aminations to work.
Hello. Remember we are not there in the room with you. We can't see what you're seeing. So vague complaints like that don't contain any useful information for us to help you. Even if you could post the code, which is presumably tested by Adafruit, it would not help us. Describe what happens. What do you see? Error messages, nothing?

Paul

harold1066

I am getting a light pattern, lights running up and down the strip, but not as per the image on the card.

Also the reset button and potentiometer don't seem to do anything, no reset or change of speed when turning the potentiometer.

There are no error messages.

TIA

PaulRB

OK Tia, draw for us a schematic showing how you have connected the pot, switch and leds. Hand-drawn on paper and scanned/photographed is OK.

harold1066

May 22, 2016, 11:49 pm Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:58 pm by harold1066
OK. Hope this makes sense :-)

Grumpy_Mike

OK. Hope this makes sense :-)
Not much.

There is no pull up on the push button. There is no series resistor in pin 3. There is no capacitor across the neopixel strip.

PaulRB

harold1066

Not much.

There is no pull up on the push button. There is no series resistor in pin 3. There is no capacitor across the neopixel strip.
None of these are mentioned/need in the tutorial I have show in the first post

Grumpy_Mike

None of these are mentioned/need in the tutorial I have show in the first post
see:-
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide/basic-connections

Go Up