Go Down

Topic: Programmer out of Sync (Read 8292 times) previous topic - next topic

MikalThor

May 21, 2016, 04:21 pm Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:33 pm by MikalThor
Lately when I try to upload a sketch to my Arduino Uno, I get "programmer is out of sync" errors. Consequently I try other programmers until I can find one that allows me to upload my sketch. Before the latest errors... I could upload every time on the ArduinoISP programmer. Why is it that only recently I began to get these errors?

Also, I can have success uploading with a specific programmer but I'll try to upload again after adjusting some of the code and the upload fails. Thanks, MikalT

Paul__B

What do you mean by trying "other programmers"?

How are you actually attempting to program the UNO?  Why are you not simply plugging it into the USB on your computer?

MikalThor

I'm not trying to program the UNO... I am trying to upload simple sketches, but the IDE is issuing errors that the programmer is out-of-sync and will not upload the sketches.

Paul__B

So why did you refer to using "the ArduinoISP programmer"?

If you have a (real) UNO, in "Tools" you set the Board as Arduino/ Genuino Uno and you set the correct Port for your UNO.  The "Programmer" option is not relevant in this case.

MikalThor

by changing which programmer to use has, in the past, allowed a complete upload for my sketches... was that just an illusion?

Paul__B

On that basis, it would be!

MikalThor

oh... well now (at your advice) I've begun not to fool with the programmer and to leave it on ArduinoISP. All of my sketches have uploaded... guess I just learned what not to fool with (smiling). I might post again if the Uno starts issuing error messages again.... until then, thanks for your help!  MikalT

Go Up