Go Down

Topic: I2C to RS485 (Read 7637 times) previous topic - next topic

raschemmel

Ohhh baby, Imma scared now lol. 
If you have a point to make then make it. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread then move on.

septillion

I'm with raschemmel on this one. Some terms just get a new kind of meaning after a while. TTL is dead and indeed and I agree TTL serial refers to inverted serial with 5V levels. Some words just become a synonym for something bigger. Like Googling refers to finding something on the internet and Arduino refers to micro controller devboards etc.

Upping your post count by whining about coffee doesn't make you friends...

@be80be, a real com port should have at least 6V of swing. But more important, it has to go negative. -3V to 3V is just not a valid RS232 range.
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

raschemmel

@be80be, a real com port should have at least 6V of swing. But more important, it has to go negative. -3V to 3V is just not a valid RS232 range.
I have an IC, MAX485, which converts UART to RS485 and RS485 to UART.

I would like to know if an IC like this, but, instead of "TTL LEVEL" UART, interfacing with I2C, exists.

This could be an X/Y Problem as the OP has not explained the reason why he want to convert RS485 signals to I2C or vice versa. As stated, the post is really incomplete.
As you can see from the datasheet, the MAX485 is a "TTL " to Differential Drive transceiver. (SEE PAGE 12 , Figure 14, where it says "TTL in ")

Clearly the OP doesn't want the MAX485 because he wants I2C/RS485 , not TTL/RS485.
He wants something like THIS

Go Up