Aquarium Reef Controller, stage 1, the LCD shield,

Evening Ludnix, Yes i have seen the reefproject controller before,

Firstly the use of parasite mode sounds interesting especially if its possible to isolate each sensor as i was planning of having two sensors, 1 for the light rig 1 for the display tank ( inhonesty i dont need the light rig but i might as well, they only cost a few pounds or so per sensor,

As far as the use of relays is controlled, in honesty im not sure what im going to do, Im currently using an Arduino Mega so im hoping i have enough ports. if not i'll look at other ideas,

Im just about to place an order for 5x DS18B20 sensors ( its £3.60 for 2 or £7.60 for 5) and also place an order for a RTC module.

one thing that im alittle confused about is rewiring my LCD shield to different pins, Currenly i have it "bolted on" to the arduino ( like a true shield) but the problem is it uses up All my PWM pins, and im not entirely sure if each pin actually does something.

the LCD schematic can be found here http://www.ekitszone.com/download/lcd-keypad-schematic.pdf

could someone tell me which if any pins i can reposition to free up my PWM pins, and if any dont actually do anything... if that makes sense.

(and each time i see a blue 20 x 4 the more i think i want one)

as far as i can tell.....

the 5 pushbuttons go to the analog pin 0-4, the "reset button" and other stuff that i cant tell (led for one) takes up the 5 pins to the left of the analog pins (Reset,3v3,5v,gnd and vin)

these are fine (for now as they arent in the way)

but the 16 pins used for the LCD display use PWM pins 0-13,gnd and AREF, now from as far as i can tell on the schematics (though im rubbish at reading them) LCD pins 7-10 which fit to ardiunio PWM pins 6-9 are blanks? so if i used jumper leads on the others but didnt conect those 4 pins that frees up 4 PWM pins for my led rig?

please tell me that makes any sense lol,

what i want to do is rewire the shield using protoboards and jump leads/jumpers to free up as many ports as possible.

i'm currently not using any of my Digital pins which i assume i can use if i change my code correctly?

help would be appriciated