Go Down

Topic: Seeeduino Cloud can't process python script, but Arduino Yun can (Read 858 times) previous topic - next topic

doktorinjh

Due to the Yun becoming less and less available, I'm trying to switch to the Seeeduino Cloud. Unfortunately, I can't get the Cloud to process a python script that has always run successfully on the Yun. I have tested the python script and it runs fine and I've doubled checked the sketch and scripts by using the exact code on a factory reset Yun, but I can't get the Cloud to process the python script. Every other aspect of the sketch appears to be fine, but it's all for nothing without the script.

The script in question goes out to a weather site, parses some weather data, and then creates a new python file with the weather information. I can't get the Cloud to generate the second file, which the sketch then reads for input across the Bridge. I've tested the internet connection and it works, I've tested the scripts on my desktop and a Yun, and they work, but it appears that I can't create the variable file that I need.

Seeeduino claims that this is 100% compatible with the Yun, but that does not appear to be the case.

Any thoughts or help would be great!

doktorinjh

Replying to myself in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

The Seeeduino does not come with a full Python library (or not as full as the Yun) and was not able to process the python scripts because it did not contain the correct modules. I installed the missing files and it now runs fine.

For troubleshooting, I ran the script over SSH in order to see what errors were given.

ShapeShifter

For troubleshooting, I ran the script over SSH in order to see what errors were given.
Good detective work in getting  it going!

This is indeed a very important troubleshooting step. I personally contend that one should always develop and fully test a script from the SSH command line - I feel there's no point in trying to run a script from a sketch until you know it works properly from the command line. It's the easiest way to see any diagnostic output.

wattmaster

I'm new to this and I am experiencing the same problem.  Can you please tell me how you updated python on the SeeeduinoCloud device?

items_ch

...  Can you please tell me how you updated python on the SeeeduinoCloud device?
You can easily load new python packages with the LuCi concole. Navigate to System / Software and the list of installed packages will be shown. Click on [Update lists] and look for available packages to install.

Go Up