Go Down

Topic: sketchbook folder  (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Alengso

Hallo,
I am a new one in Arduino, i have tried a blink for the first time and lucked, then i tyr to change a number a delay and luck too. But the last time I got a blue transparent screen in my sketch and I can not write or change the number or anything on sketch.
I have tried a new installed, but came the same problem. I get a massage :
 "The sketchbook folder no longer exist. Arduino will switch to de default sketchbook location, and create a new sketchbook folder if necessary. Arduino will then stop talking about himself in the third person"

I don't know to fix it , can  some one to help me ?
thanks before.
Regard
alengso

pert

I got a blue transparent screen in my sketch and I can not write or change the number or anything on sketch.
Try File > Preferences > Use External Editor(uncheck) > OK
I get a massage :
 "The sketchbook folder no longer exist. Arduino will switch to de default sketchbook location, and create a new sketchbook folder if necessary. Arduino will then stop talking about himself in the third person"
You can set the sketchbook folder location at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.

Hope that will help, let me know how it goes.
Per

Alengso

Thaks for your help sir.
I found it in C:\Users|MyPC\Document\Arduino
Must I move this folder to another place ?, where?
regards
alengso

pert

I found it in C:\Users|MyPC\Document\Arduino
Must I move this folder to another place ?, where?
Is it working now? If so then of course you don't need to move it. If it's not working then please tell me what's not working now.

Alengso

It is still not working and the transparent blue screen still stay too.
If I go to FILE --->SKETCHBOOK ---> can not open

pert

the transparent blue screen still stay too.
Did you make sure that Try File > Preferences > Use External Editor is uncheck? Please post a screenshot of the transparent blue screen.

If I go to FILE --->SKETCHBOOK ---> can not open
Try changing File > Preferences > Sketchbook Location to another folder on your computer.

Alengso

I have tried to change to another folder but not lucked.

pert

fig2.PNG shows that you have Use External Editor checked. That's the cause of the transparent blue screen and the inability to edit the sketch opened in the Arduino IDE. Are you not able to change that setting?

I have tried to change to another folder but not lucked.
Please explain what you mean. Did you change it and that didn't solve your problem or are you unable to change it?

Alengso

I had tried change: File-->reference--> sketchbook folder name. I am not use external editor. 

pert

Jun 06, 2016, 11:49 am Last Edit: Jun 06, 2016, 11:50 am by pert Reason: Embed image
I had tried change: File-->reference--> sketchbook folder name.
And what happened? I'm trying to help you but you're not giving me enough information.

I am not use external editor.  
Please look at the attached image. I have drawn a red circle around a checkbox. You need to uncheck that box and then click the OK button. After that the transparent blue screen will go away and you will be able to edit the sketch in the Arduino IDE.

Alengso

I am not use external editor, I only tried Blink program from FILE--Exsampl--01basic--blink, because I am realy newbie. If this problem checkmerk in  EXTERNAL EDITOR, can I normally checkmerk do out ? 

pert

I think there is just too much of a translation problem here for me to be able to help you. Please post a description of your issue in your native language in the correct international section along with a link to this thread and I'm sure someone who speaks your language will be able to help.

Alengso

Yes! It's normally again, I had uncheck to EX.Editor and lucked.
Thank you very much for you helped
regards
Alengso

Go Up