Go Down

Topic: Serial communication speed between Pro Micro and ESP8266 (Read 687 times) previous topic - next topic

mjarek

I am trying to create an Art-Net to W2801 bridge with ESP8266 and a Pro Micro. I am using this code: https://github.com/djred2000/Arduino-Sketches/tree/master/Arduino-ESP8266 as the basis (if you know of other options, feel free to let me know).

However, I have run into a problem: with the stated serial baud speed between Pro Micro and ESP, i.e. 750000 the communication is not happening - some data are sent, but they are garbled. On the other hand, with the speed that does work, 115200, the LEDs are updated too slowly.

What could be the reason for the communication problems? I have read that both the ESP and Pro Micro are capable of maintaining such serial speeds...

ieee488

What could be the reason for the communication problems? I have read that both the ESP and Pro Micro are capable of maintaining such serial speeds...

WHERE have you read this? ? ?

mjarek

Oh, you know, the Internet...

Anyway, it is not relevant now, as I have found out that ESP8266 itself is quite capable of driving my set of LEDs without any other microcontroller. It looks nice, if only I could figure out the Art-Net poll response...

ieee488

Go Up