Go Down

Topic: run bldc using bluetooth HC06 and bletooth terminal or rc android car app (Read 3144 times) previous topic - next topic

i tried to run bldc using Hc 06 bluetooth module but it is not working i tried ur code(one with throttle speed(0,6,9...)  also but it didn"t work also .i am using bluetooth terminal or i can also use rc android car app.Thing i want to do is to run bldc using app and bluetooth module HC06.I used the following code to run servo motor and it is working properly.but when i used it for bldc it is not working. and we can run bldc using same servo code(if we remove the bluetooth part and manually run bldc using this servo library).It is running properly but i don't understand what is the problem on merging it with bluetooth.I have tried many other codes also but i cannot post here all of them..This is one of the code which is  atleast running our servo using bluetooth terminal.If i can run bldc too then my problem is solved... I tried software serial also but that is also not working.

what happens while running this code is app is perfectly working.It is properly printing..but what i saidit to do with bldc. i think it could not understand may be we have to change bldc part bluetooth part is okay as far as i know

Code: [Select]
#include <Servo.h>

Servo myservo;  // create servo object to control a servo
// twelve servo objects can be created on most boards

int pos = 0;    // variable to store the servo position
void setup() 
{
  // set digital pin to control as an output
myservo.attach(9);  // attaches the servo on pin 9 to the servo object
  // set the data rate for the Serial port
  Serial.begin(9600);
  // Send test message to other device
  Serial.println("Hello from Arduino");
}
char a; // stores incoming character from other device
void loop()
{
  if (Serial.available()>0)
  // if text arrived in from hardware serial...
  {
    a=(Serial.read());
    if (a=='1')
    {
    for (pos = 0; pos <= 180; pos += 1) { // goes from 0 degrees to 180 degrees
    // in steps of 1 degree
    myservo.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
    delay(15);                       // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
  }          // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
    for (pos = 180; pos >= 0; pos -= 1) { // goes from 180 degrees to 0 degrees
    myservo.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
    delay(15);                       // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
  }

Serial.println("LED on");
    }

// you can add more "if" statements with other characters to add more commands
  }
}

NahidHassan

Think your esc and arduino's connection is not right. put ur esc's signal wire into pin 9 and ground wire in gnd

MAS3

Hi and welcome.

You made me look, so congratulations on that.
A title like the one of this thread is an omen for some student who will be posting on the Saturday before they have to hand in their test/project next Monday.
So students now think it is a good idea to get help by telling nothing about their problem, except for its urgency in a single line.

This is the international part of the forum, and the language spoken over here is English.
This means your questions are supposed to be in the English language.
Even if you put Google translate to work on 'ur', you'll be corrected by that system telling you what word you should have used.

Answers like this one are subject to whiners, whining that this forum would suck and no help is offered for serious problems.
Well, this thread is exemplary of how to not get help.
And that is what you should expect.
Think before you post, and proof read also before posting.
You can click the 'Preview' button right next to the 'Post' button, so use that.
If this is the way you are going about your study, you will flunk and you are beyond any help.

So come on.
Put some effort in it.
Perhaps you might get someone to put in some effort in your problems too.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

weedpharma

I concur.

Give us program and circuit with a description of what is does and does not do as well as what you want it to do.

Weedpharma

thanks sir for helping me but i have made right connections just same as you are saying....

hello sir thank you so much for seeing my post with title "urgent". and also for such a long description about this forum.But one thing i should make clear that i am not that kind of person you are thinking me to be.I am in IIT BOMBAY.i tried everything,gave my 7 days to this problem and now when it is not still working then i have posted this because of course there are some time restrictions.I don't give up easily. That's why i m in best institute of technology.I wrote such a big post not with intention to make you feel down or show off.i just want to say that don't judge people before understanding their problem.Thank you so much to others for helping me

ok thanks...
i am using bluetooth terminal or i can also use rc android car app.Thing i want to do is to run bldc using app and bluetooth module HC06.I used the following code to run servo motor and it is working properly.but when i used it for bldc it is not working. and we can run bldc using same servo code. if we remove the bluetooth part and manually run bldc using this servo library.It is running properly but i don't understand what is the problem on merging it with bluetooth.I have tried many other codes also but i cannot post here all of them..This is one of the code which is  atleast running our servo using bluetooth terminal.If i can run bldc too then my problem is solved...
thank you so much for helping me

// connect BT module TX to D0
// connect BT module RX to D1
// connect BT Vcc to 5V, GND to GND

#include <Servo.h>

void setup() 
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  {
    a=(Serial.read());
    if (a=='1')
    {
    // in steps of 1 degree
  }

}

}
}

blimpyway

Some bldc controlers require a starting throttle sequence to avoid accidents

Robin2

@0141, if you need urgent assistance it would greatly help your cause if you first spent a few minutes reading  How to use the Forum. You might even have a solution by now.

Please modify your post and use the code button </>
so your code looks like this and is easy to copy to a text editor.

Help us to help you. Telling us a problem is "urgent" does not do that.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

// connect BT module TX to D0
// connect BT module RX to D1
// connect BT Vcc to 5V, GND to GND

#include <Servo.h>

void setup() 
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  {
    a=(Serial.read());
    if (a=='1')
    {
    // in steps of 1 degree
  }

}

}
}

Robin2

I used the following code to run servo motor and it is working properly.
but when i used it for bldc it is not working.
It is not clear what this means.

Do you mean that it works properly when you send the commands using the Serial Monitor?

You are connecting the BLDC module to the same pins (0 and 1) that are used for communicating with the Serial Monitor over the USB connection.

Are you disconnecting the USB connection when you try the Bluetooth module so that the two things are not interfering with each other?

Have you tried using SoftwareSerial to create an extra serial port on (say) pins 6 and 7 and connecting the Bluetooth device to them. That will allow you to receive data from the Bluetooth device and display it on the Serial Monitor for debugging purposes.

And, if you edit your Original Post you can change the Title for the Thread.

...R
Serial Input Basics

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

NahidHassan

Yes it's works properly when I send command from serial monitor .I actually used a motor shield and connected the signal wire on the Servo controller pin which is actually pin 9 and pin 10 that represent servo 1 and servo 2 signal pin on that motor shield.
Yes I disconnected the usb when I use Bluetooth
And I simply puted that bt rx pin to arduino tx pin and arduino rx to bt tx pin

NahidHassan

I used this code, it will works through both serial monitor and  android app. I have just made a simple android app to send 0(for stop),6(for low speed) and 9(for high speed)

Here is the code:

#include <Servo.h>

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

int incomingByte = 0;  // for incoming serial data
int armingTime;
int pin = 9;
int counter = 0;
int pulseTime = 1100; //microseconds
boolean highSpeed = true;
Servo myservo;

void setup(){

Serial.begin(9600);

myservo.attach(9);

Serial.println("Enter 0-9 to adjust motor speed.");
  Serial.println("Enter h or l to change the speed range.");
}

void loop(){

digitalWrite(pin, HIGH);
  delayMicroseconds(pulseTime);
  digitalWrite(pin, LOW);
  delay(10-(pulseTime/1000));

if(Serial.available() > 0){
    incomingByte = Serial.read();
    }

//void incomingByte(){
//void readSerialVal(){

switch (incomingByte) {
      case '0':
        setTimingParams(1100);
        incomingByte='*';
        Serial.print("Throttle: ");
      Serial.print((pulseTime-1100)/8);
      Serial.println("%");     
        break;

case '6':   
        setTimingParams(1600);
        incomingByte='*';
      Serial.println("%");
        break;

case '9':   
        setTimingParams(1900);
        incomingByte='*';
      Serial.println("%");
        break;

}
}

void setTimingParams(int newPulseTimeVal){
 if(highSpeed){
    pulseTime = newPulseTimeVal;
  } else {
    pulseTime = 1025 + (newPulseTimeVal/10);
  }
}

Southpark

I have tried many other codes also but i cannot post here all of them..This is one of the code which is  atleast running our servo using bluetooth terminal.If i can run bldc too then my problem is solved... I tried software serial also but that is also not working.
You are saying that you are able to drive a servo with your system. If you are able to control a servo... then the correct signals - including voltage and power - are getting to your servo.

It is then your job to figure out whether or not the system is providing the correct driving signals for the brushless dc motor. This could mean using oscilloscope etc to monitor the ouput voltage of your system....and need to determine whether or not your circuit is capable of supplying the required voltage and current to the motor.

Robin2

Yes it's works properly when I send command from serial monitor
Yes I disconnected the usb when I use Bluetooth
And I simply puted that bt rx pin to arduino tx pin and arduino rx to bt tx pin
Are you sure you have the BT module connected the correct way round? Have you tried swapping the connections?

Have you tried my suggestion of using SoftwareSerial so you can monitor what is being received from the Bluetooth module.

...R

Go Up