Go Down

Topic: Push Button and LCD Displays (Read 427 times) previous topic - next topic

ThePyroManiac

So my question is pretty straight forward I just want to know if i need a shield or anything like that to hookup a push button to an LCD display?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Love ThePyro

larryd

What are you wanting to do exactly?

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

ThePyroManiac

Feb 05, 2019, 08:22 pm Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 08:23 pm by ThePyroManiac
i am trying to make an if statement that say something like

if ((total >= 1) && (button is pushed)) {execute}
by pushed i mean if it gets pushed and released not held
does that make sense?

Paul__B

The thing is, you need to start by explaining what parts you have, how you presently have them connected together and what you want to do.

A "shield" in this context, is a piece of hardware, unrelated to the software.  They are nothing more than a structure to make connections in a way if that happens to be convenient to your immediate needs.  There is no necessity whatsoever to use them, and they are only useful for a particular design purpose.  To use a button, you simply connect it - between an Arduino pin and ground.  You code to read that button.

While the UNO is regarded as the archetypal Arduino, unless a particular "shield" allows you to perform a task with little further connections, it is much more practical to use a Nano which can fit on a solderless breadboard to develop circuits, and then use "protoboard" PCB or a custom PCB with the Nano mounted on that, to make a final usable device.

ThePyroManiac

alright thank you i figured it out i do have another problem but its with the code and i can probably figure it out on my own 

Go Up