Go Down

Topic: Graphics library for cheap KMR-1.8 SPI (S6D02A1 and ILI9163) TFT displays (Read 23127 times) previous topic - next topic

bodmer

I've used this library:
https://github.com/Bodmer/TFT_ILI9163

but I've the wrong display view as in my photo.
Try: https://github.com/Bodmer/TFT_S6D02A1

chachajejou

Hello and thanks a lot for this usefull thread,

i get this screen : https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-inch-ST7735R-SPI-128-160-TFT-LCD-Display-Module-with-PCB-for-Arduino-51/201013797202
i folow the instruction above putting resistor 1K2 2K2 and 22R.

With TFT_S6D02A1.h, i could see faint images being printed but the display was mostly just a bright white. Looking at the LCD from a very low angle (70 degrees or so, I could cleary see the text and lines being shown looked OK, but it was as if the contrast was extremely low. Everything is just bright white.

The sketch for identify the driver show only some 00 and unknow device.

when i remove de SDA wire, contrast become perfect.
I found the solution putting one more resistor ( 510R )on the SDA wire and evrithing is fine now !!

bodmer

@chachajejou

Great to hear of your sucess. Can you explain where the two ends of the 510R resistor are connected.

chachajejou

@chachajejou

Great to hear of your sucess. Can you explain where the two ends of the 510R resistor are connected.
One end go to the Arduino's 11 pin and the the other one goes to 1K2( who is connected to SDA display pin8)

thx again Bodmer :)

snc

Hello bodmer,

I have the same problem with my display. It looks like one I have has S6D02A1 chip (at least it shows garbage only with ST7735 and ILI9163 drivers). I use display with NodeMCU V2 and TFT_eSPI.

Here is how the pins connected -

// nodeMCU
#define TFT_CS     D8
#define TFT_RESET  D4
#define TFT_DC     D3
#define TFT_SCK    D5   
#define TFT_MOSI   D7

and results of display test from post # 13 -

driver register values:
===========================
Register 0x01: 0x00
Register 0x04: 0x8000
Register 0x09: 0x610000
Register 0x0A: 0x08
Register 0x0B: 0x00
Register 0x0C: 0x06
Register 0x0D: 0x00
Register 0x0E: 0x00
Register 0x0F: 0x00
Register 0x2E: 0x767E3E
Register 0xDA: 0x00
Register 0xDB: 0x80
Register 0xDC: 0x00

Chip ID: 32768
Looks like driver chip is: Unknown

Picture on the display easily recognizable but barely visible, very bright and milky. Here is the picture -

and video of the "graphicstest" -

http://www.sncsoft.com/images/IMG_4417.MOV

Any suggestions?

By the way, other displays with ST7735 working fine with the same setup (yes, I select proper driver in User_Setup.h. :-)

Thank you!

Palirose

Hi, We have this LCD:

and arrange wires in this way:

Then we use TFT.h library (if you don't see it in the list of examples, search on sketh>include library>manage library and install it)

try examples of this library. it works for us :)
besides, "dc" pin is A0

(forget about using the ST7735 library and Adafruit GFX Library. they didn't work for us)

hapra

Hi Bodmer,

After many hours I always failed trying with others library, finally I found this thread.

At first, I identified this driver with your code (msg #13) and showed driver chip ILI9163.
Then, I tested TFT_Char_times.ino and TFT_ILI9163 library, more than 1 hour running without any problem.

I dont use resistor divider on the logic lines, except resistor 47 ohm to feed LED+ from 5V.
Fyi, I dont try SD card yet, coz still trying for TFT only, is it possible to use SD library ?

Thank you very much Bodmer.
You are a genius among geniuses !

bodmer

@hapra

Thanks for the feedback and the connection image. Great to hear it works for you.

Yes, you can use the SD card with the TFT library. You need to configure the chips slectect and enable transaction support in the setup file.

kinvolute

Mar 14, 2018, 04:17 pm Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 04:22 pm by kinvolute Reason: Attachments
Bodmer,

Thank you for your time and patience in posting and troubleshooting these displays.  It looks like there are several iterations of this display using the same designations.  Unfortunately, I'm still struggling to get mine to work. I am getting streaking, static, and ghosts.

All,
I bought several of the "KMR-1.8 SPI" "ST7735" displays from eBay. The parts bags have the following identifiers: SKU276159 EVK  122--300503--300503."  The display itself has the following  identifier on the top edge: MYT-1610-180-M2015-10-27" Please help me get this display running.

I am using an Uno clone.

Using the identification script (post #13) My display comes up as "unknown"
TFT driver register values:
Register 0x01: 0x00
Register 0x04: 0x9102
Register 0x09: 0x610000
Register 0x0A: 0x08
Register 0x0B: 0x00
Register 0x0C: 0x06
Register 0x0D: 0x00
Register 0x0E: 0x00
Register 0x0F: 0x00
Register 0x2E: 0xFFFFFF
Register 0xDA: 0x00
Register 0xDB: 0x91
Register 0xDC: 0x02

Looks like driver chip is: Unknown

Wiring:
Uno                       Display
8 (DC)                   A0
9 (RST)                 RESET
10 (CS)                 CS
11 (MOSI)             SDA
13 (SCLK)             SCL

GND                      GND
5V                         VCC

GND                      LED-
3.3V                      LED+ Note: this is temporary LED will be PWM on pin 3 eventually with a resistor inline (R value unknown)

Drivers attempted:
TFT_ST7735.h   (INITB, GREENTAB, REDTAB, BLACKTAB, GREENTAB2)
TFT_S6D02A1.h
TFT_ILI9163.h
ADAFruit ST7735

TFT_ST7735.h BLACKTAB worked the "best" but none were right.  

I also tried adding a 1K2 (1.25k 1%)Resistors on 8,9,10,11 and 13. Unfortunately, not will all drivers. Alas, no worky.

As a neophyte and have been researching to make as much progress as I can.  But, I'm at an impasse. Driver code doesn't appear to work properly and I'm struggling with the resistors.  Do I need them? on which leads? I have not yet tried a voltage divider. Do I need a voltage divider?

Attached are front of display, rear of display, flex circuit of display, and an example of the display errors.

Thanks in advance.

Endian

I have not come across that chip ID before.

It could be a Galaxy Core GC9102 driver as that fits the screen resolution. Unfortunately if this is the case then it may need a different setup command set and that is why the display appears corrupted.

Can you provide a link to the seller?

kinvolute

I have not come across that chip ID before.

It could be a Galaxy Core GC9102 driver as that fits the screen resolution. Unfortunately if this is the case then it may need a different setup command set and that is why the display appears corrupted.

Can you provide a link to the seller?

IF it is GC9102, This is the only spec I can find. 
http://www.melt.com.ru/docs/GC9102DS_V100_20130410.pdf
It is Greek to me.

bodmer

Unfortunately I do not recognise that TFT ID code. It may need a different inialisation sequence that is not supported by the library.

Sometimes these displays do not work porpoerly unless driven by 3.3V logic (a standard  UNO is 5V), so adding a resistor divider on all used UNO digital output pins may solve the problem, as described here.  You may need a series resistor and one down to GND as descrived for the ILI9341 display is Step 1 of the Instructable.

DoggleDragon

Go Up