Go Down

Topic: device not recognized - nano (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Zodon

Hey!
So I got myself an arduino nano, I tried to connect it via usb but I got device not recognized.
after reconnecting it for around 20 times, it suddenly worked and I managed to flash the blink a led example to it, I disconnect it and now when I try to connect it again, I get device not recognized, after many attempts suddenly it connects, and again if i disconnect - device not recognized
Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks

gblades

What serial chipset does it use?
What operating system is your computer running?

Popular chipsets are the CH340, CP2102 and FT232 (most likely fake)

Zodon

What serial chipset does it use?
What operating system is your computer running?

Popular chipsets are the CH340, CP2102 and FT232 (most likely fake)
How can I check the chipset I got?
and I am using windows 10.

gblades

Should be printed on the chip. You can also go into the device manager on your computer and go to either the serial port or it might show up as an unrecognized device.
If you bring up the properties there will be an option to update the driver.
From memory I think the FT232 is supported by practically everything, the CH340 required drivers on earlier machines but worked fine straight away in Win10. The CP2102 was initially unrecognized on my Win10 but after choosing to update the driver it worked fine.

Zodon

Should be printed on the chip. You can also go into the device manager on your computer and go to either the serial port or it might show up as an unrecognized device.
If you bring up the properties there will be an option to update the driver.
From memory I think the FT232 is supported by practically everything, the CH340 required drivers on earlier machines but worked fine straight away in Win10. The CP2102 was initially unrecognized on my Win10 but after choosing to update the driver it worked fine.
Right now the arduino is connected and in proprietors I can see that:
Manufacturer: FTDI
But! if I disconnect it now, it wont connect again(unless I try a lot and than randomly it will), when it doesnt connect good, the device goes under the: Universal serial bus controller, and it says that it cant recognize it, when It I try to  update, it says its already updated.

gblades

Not sure what is wrong in that case. The only thing I can suggest is trying different ports, USB cables and a different arduino if you have one to find out what the cause is.

Where did you get the nano from? If it was from china via ebay etc... then it is probably one of the fake chips. They normally work but won't have the same quality control.

Zodon

Not sure what is wrong in that case. The only thing I can suggest is trying different ports, USB cables and a different arduino if you have one to find out what the cause is.

Where did you get the nano from? If it was from china via ebay etc... then it is probably one of the fake chips. They normally work but won't have the same quality control.
I tried different ports and USB cales =/
I am using this for a project I am doing for university, my professor gave it to me.. I am pretty sure its a fake from ebay.
what is the the quality of control effecting? the speed of arduino?

gblades

The quality of the device. It is a copy so they don't care how good it is as it is not their reputation. It might be easily damaged by static for example. It could well be that it has become damaged.

A while ago FTDI released a driver update to try writing to the internal setting of the chip which you cannot do on genuine ones but on fakes it made them unusable. They back tracked on this.

Saying you are having problems and asking to try a different one would be best.

Getting your own one to play with would probably be a good idea. This is the one I bought most recently and seems to be working fine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401090347198

SibasisMalla

First download arduino ide then go to ...device manager >then click on ports >then there will be a option showing ur device(but the board name is nt mentioned) > install driver softwares by browsing frm the IDE Folder and ur device will show now in app...

Hopes it will work
CHEERS !

Zodon

First download arduino ide then go to ...device manager >then click on ports >then there will be a option showing ur device(but the board name is nt mentioned) > install driver softwares by browsing frm the IDE Folder and ur device will show now in app...

Hopes it will work
CHEERS !
I already tried it, it says that its up to date and there is nothing to update

Go Up