NANO has vanished?

I am a hobby programmer, not a software developer, I don't work on mainframes with serial terminals (for which that UNIX monster dinosaur once was designed, 40 years from now), I don't use terminal command windows or command lines, that's computer stone age. Steve Jobs had understood that point in a really sophisticated way, designing his Lisa and his Macintosh, and Bill Gates copied (or stole) that idea very well for the IBM compatible world.
But this topic is not about monster dinosaur Operating Systems but about the Nano which has vanished from the Arduino.cc website, and which is just provided by Arduino.org as it seemed, at a horrible and completely unreasonable price. Clones which are not 100% compatible actually are no Nano clones at all IMO, just cheap tinker stuff for hackers, not for end users.
(my 2ct)
So it stays to me as assumed: the "real Nano" has been dropped by Arduino.cc .

no, I already explained why, just try to read closely, it would probably do you good:

if I purchase a Nano I expect to get a Nano -

• and above all, I also expect it to work on different PCs of different owners like a Nano, p'n'p, if we test something and exchange electronical setups and circuits with the standard IDE.

with the standard IDE.

THERE IS NO STANDARD IDE

What you call standard IDE is a copy of the Wiring IDE which itself derived from Processing.

So if you are consistent you are forced to use the Wiring IDE and Wiring boards that have it been copied by Arduino (LLC and SRL).

Nano which you speak is a shameful copy.

Read this :
https://arduinohistory.github.io
Wake up !

I realize that you don't understand open source, openhardware or notion of "second sources" which is absolutely essential for an industrial concept.

Windows users spend their time installing drivers.
For your printer, keyboard, monitor, you have been forced to do it.
You do not know how to install a driver?

You can buy on Ebay perfect nano for less than $ 3 .
If you have too much money you have quite the opportunity to buy "real nano" at Gravitech (Nano has never been an Arduino board, NEVER) or at Arduino. org which copy they.
You will pay between $20 and $30 per unit.
If you have still very too much money, you can send me.

Hell, what are you talking about?
Most is completely off-topic (that the Nano has been dropped by Arduino.cc), so just this:

with "standard IDE" I meant that what I can download from the Arduino IDE website with the boards which are supported without 3rd party drivers.
I am using the 1.6.5 and also the 1.6.7, and with both standard installations my Nano from Arduino.org is detected correctly by Windows (XP32 and 7pro64) , the same it's about the Nanos from my friends, and I can choose the boards and the correct port in the IDE, without external drivers, p'n'p. That is how we expect it to work.

I was just curious if the Nano actually had been dropped (and perhaps why, as Arduino.org still lists it) - and occasionally I perhaps might buy an additional one, for convenience, but not right now, actually.

I guess the point is that Nano hasn't "vanished". The support is still in the IDE (and would be nearly impossible to remove, given that it's just a mechanical re-shaping of the Uno/etc), and numerous vendors still sell hardware.
Only Ardunino.cc has stopped selling it...

I was just curious if the Nano actually had been dropped (and perhaps why, as Arduino.org still lists it)

Have you tried asking them?

Does your train of thought have a caboose, or us this just a rambling rant?

Does your train of thought have a caboose, or us this just a rambling rant?

what?
are you just trolling?

Damn it!
My moderating trolling has been discovered - curses!

(Well, have you tried asking them? What did they say?
I'm curious, though not particularly interested)

If you mean by "them" the Arduino.cc folks:
Yes, I have asked them: here, in the Arduino.cc support forum,
and before that I have looked here: on the Arduino.cc products website.

BTW,
my own Nano was delivered by a Arduino.org vendor, it was part of an experimental kit.

ArthurD:
If you mean by "them" the Arduino.cc folks:
Yes, I have asked them: here, in the Arduino.cc support forum,

This Forum is the one place they never look.

...R

This Forum is the one place they never look.

what???
the url is http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php....

So I actually expect urgently that those folks care about their own forum - if they don't provide a different company's forum or help desk - and then eventually intensely maintain it and care about it !!

ArthurD:
So I actually expect urgently that those folks care about their own forum - if they don't provide a different company's forum or help desk - and then eventually intensely maintain it and care about it !!

[sarcasm]

I'm shure they will hurry up - maybe create a task force - and try to meet your expectations as soon as possible.

[/sarcasm]

thanks, I'm gladly looking forward !

ArthurD:
So I actually expect urgently that those folks care about their own forum

I have been calling for that for much longer than you have. I have given up "expecting"

...R

hell, what a mess.
Not a good reputation for either company in the end.

ArthurD:
hell, what a mess.
Not a good reputation for either company in the end.

I am inclined to agree.

But there are lots of nice and helpful folks on the Forum if you have a project problem.

...R

But there are lots of nice and helpful folks on the Forum if you have a project problem.

yes I know, and I appreciate that very much. But sometimes it's concerning Corporate governance, customer support and product policies, and in those cases users can't help, just company developers and the company management.

ArthurD:

Stop dreaming !
Wake-up !

poor customer service and a small product assortment will quickly drive the customers in droves into the competitor's arms - who of course are just waiting for that...!
well, we'll see how Arduino.org evolves... a wide range of new product lines was just released, while still maintaining previous ones... :-/