My Board was done by PCBWay

PCB WAY Printed my PCB!

Background
Firstly, thanks to all the guys here who helped with this Arduino based project. It’s my first attempt at anything electronic and it has been quite a learning experience. After solving the bugs and having the prototype water injection controller run in my car for over 2 months, I decided to bite the bullet and have a professional etching done of the prototype via PCBWAY.com

My printing process was straight forward:

1. I used Fritzing to design the PCB, which have proven to be quite easy to use,
  2. Export some gerber files for the PCB design,
  3. Get on PCBway and upload the files,
  4. Place the order and receive boards in mail few weeks later

My major problem with this project was found in the home etching process. Thankfully that is over. My prototype works well and now I can take it to the next level with cheap PCB printing via PCBWay.

Time
I last minute wanted to change to white soldermask, but when contacted the process was already complete – plus I’m already loving the green. Very fast turnaround time as in 3 days my boards where shipped out and already on their way. Who doesn't like a speedy service? The only I didn’t like was the shipment time. Seeing that they are shipping from Asia, it will take the usual 15-45-60 days or there about. You can also pay for expedited delivery if money isn’t an issue for you.

Cost effective
My boards cost $40 something to print 10 copies! This included the shipping cost. Reasonable enough if you ask me. Here, we are talking top quality for the price. One thing to note is that it depends on the size of the board and the layers it has, and basically the cost will go up with the complexity of your board. In my case I had planned to print 1 64x94mm board, but the same cost prints 10 boards because it fits in whatever they sheet or manufacturing process they used. So it worked out even better for me.

Quality
Everything was done according to the files I sent them. If you see any imperfections here it's my fault, not theirs.

The vias are flush, and looks like any other PCB I’ve seen. Silkscreen is perfect as well. Very visible, even the finer texts. There is also quite a number of options available when choosing how to have your board printed:

My Board

Would I use them again?
Their staff responds to any queries within at most 12 hours in the work week (based on my experience).
I'm actually in the process of ordering another batch!
I can't wait to solder on the components and see how good my product will be.
I’d recommend to anyone who has already printed a prototype at home and wish to take their product to the next level, to get a professionally done PCB by a company like PCBWay. Your only regret may be like mine: that you didn’t order a larger batch!

If there is anyone who's planning on moving from breadboard to pcb, feel free to msg me or comment on this page.

I have used them also and I am very satisfied with the results.

However, this seems more like an advertisement.

LarryD:

Best to compare with other board houses then.

I use smart-prototyping.com
Very happy with them.

10x10cm 2-layer boards are $11.90 plus ~$16.00 shipping (<=3weeks).

$12.00 less than the first post.

Remember that ultimately the user (you) has to pay for fancy web pages, free first lot deals, and money for reviews.
Leo..

I'm working with Upverter right now. Haven't made a final product just yet but I'm liking it so far. You design everything the schematic and PCB on the website, can export it to a whole ton of different file forms, and then submit the design directly from the website for creation.

I would forget about Fritzing.
Eagle is the standard, and is free for private use up to ~8cm x 10cm boards.
You can still panelise to any board size you want.
Steeper learning curve, but it does everything once you know it.
Leo..

chummer1010:
I'm working with Upverter right now. Haven't made a final product just yet but I'm liking it so far. You design everything the schematic and PCB on the website, can export it to a whole ton of different file forms, and then submit the design directly from the website for creation.

Are you sure you are 13, I am impressed!

LarryD:
Are you sure you are 13, I am impressed!

lol, what can I do to convince you???

I'll just keep watching to see if you trip up and say something like "I am working on my motor cycle or something like that . . ."
But, make sure you get good formal education and 'tell me' when you start your first company!

donperry:
Would I use them again?
Their staff responds to any queries within at most 12 hours in the work week (based on my experience).
I'm actually in the process of ordering another batch!
I can't wait to solder on the components and see how good my product will be.
I’d recommend to anyone who has already printed a prototype at home and wish to take their product to the next level, to get a professionally done PCB by a company like PCBWay. Your only regret may be like mine: that you didn’t order a larger batch!

But wait!!!! There's more! If you buy one today, we'll send you an extra one free, so that your friends or family members can enjoy it too.

Anyhow, glad you like their service. Might try them sometime.

Actually they sent me 4 extra boards free. (I had ordered 30, got 34)
They are agressively trying to win people's acceptance.

LarryD:
I'll just keep watching to see if you trip up and say something like "I am working on my motor cycle or something like that . . ."
But, make sure you get good formal education and 'tell me' when you start your first company!

I was just about to delete these year old videos but I'll keep them up for a bit longer-

I shudder just listening to them.

Great!
Keep them to show your kids.

Congrats to your mom and dad!

way to go chummer1010!

LarryD:

It is. Thread moved.

LarryD:
I have used them also and I am very satisfied with the results.

The reason it doesn't seem like an advertisement to me is that after correcting the malformed link that OP included:

you can scroll and see the question where OP asks: "from prototype to production? Which service should I use. Need guidance" and received the advice (actually from you) to try PCB Way. So the review seems to be completely genuine (despite sounding like a paid review.) After all, how would OP have known who this forum would recommend? (In addition, paid reviews don't post such questions, as it invites people to list competitors.)

We actually need more reviews like this. I trust it, especially given that the whole process is well-documented in this forum. Thanks, OP, for the update! I'm glad you had a good experience with PCB Way. (and no affiliation on my end either haha.) I'd certainly consider using them.

The point being: starting a thread is different than making comment in one.

I have no problem with advertising.
I implied it might be better if placed somewhere else, hence, Products and Services.

And, yes I too had good experiences with the manufacturer.

I agree that reviews are a great way to substantiate quality.

LarryD:
I have no problem with advertising.

I agree that reviews are a great way to substantiate quality.

1. I do.
    Just look at other forums.

2. Not if the manufacturer rewards the poster with money or free boards.
    Then it becomes biased.
    The reader won't know that.

And other board houses owners will post recommendations under false names.
So I think positive advertising does not work.
Only negative advertising does.
Leo..

Hi guys, I apologize to resume this old discussion...

I need to send some boards to PCBWay (it's extremely cheap than usual I've been using), for PCB but also for PCB assemby....

I've read bad reviews online, mainly due to silkscreen and soldermask (soldermask covering pads and orrible silkscreen), but it was said it wasn't "standard" silkscreen/soldermask.

PCB images I've seen at the beginning of this discussion looks good, may I know text size and solder mask paameters used?
Thanks.

I usually design my boards quite conservatively. This "Wiring" Re-spin was done at PCBWAY, and the smaller text ("reset enable" and the USB module labels) is 1.016mm high (ratio 16% in EAGLE), and I find it quite legible. (I think the silkscreen settings are the EAGLE default. The ATmega128 has 0.8mm pin pitch, and the SMT components are 0805 (us). I'm pretty pleased with the quality... I haven't used them for assembly.

(OTOH, note the poor fill of the OSHW logo. I don't know whether that's their fault, or something to do with the way EAGLE fills polygons)