Go Down

Topic: Paying $30 for someone to write me a fairly simple mega 2560 program (Read 5949 times) previous topic - next topic

almstsobur

I am rebuilding a DC calibrator that has 7, 10 position binary coded decimal (BCD) rotary switches. All of the switches have problems and I would prefer to just convert this to digital control. I have wired out the 8421 feeds and I have the mega board. I have 15 push button momentary contact switches, one for up one for down for each of the 7 rotary dials and 1 for all zero. I am willing to pay $30 (Paypal) for someone to write the Arduino code to make this work. 0-9 up 9-0 down for each of the 7u/7d switches and a single 15th switch to zero them all. If anyone is interested please let me know. Attached is the schematic, the switches I want to replace are MSD through Range SW, left to right, and to program a non existent complete Zero switch that i will add.

It is standard 8421 BCD 0-9, I have been testing by just linking up the bare wires I installed in the 8421 positions to the CC or common, and it functions as it should. I have not setup anything on the Arduino yet, I assumed I would just connect it up for what the code is programmed for. I have never used an Arduino before this and I just don't have time to learn the programming right now, thus why I am willing to pay someone. I'd love to tinker with these things someday, but right now my priority is to get this calibrator functioning correctly.

It is +5v and common for the connection and very low current draw as it just feeds the IC's that control the actual switching and 7 segment LEDs

Attached is the switching schematic. I appreciate anyone willing to help. Thank You.

-RP

aarg

This belongs in the "gigs and collaborations" forum. Good luck, you're not offering very much for a job like that.
  ... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

almstsobur

This belongs in the "gigs and collaborations" forum. Good luck, you're not offering very much for a job like that.
Are you kidding? Its the same script on 7 switches with 1 or 2 wires hot at a time to make 10 digits. This should be a 10 minute job for someone who knows the language. If someone can please move this, I apologize for putting it in the wrong section.

Qdeathstar

yeah... but does your needle move for $30? mines don't. I'm not s programmer but for what I do do I don't do it for less than $100 even if it is just a 5 minute job.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Wawa

A squirt of contact cleaner in each switch might be easier/cheaper.
Leo..

OldSteve

With $30 offered, don't hold your breath.

If you want the thread moved, click on "Report to moderator" and ask.
Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

chucktodd

Your project is more complex than you imagine.

You specify Up/Down counters without any user feedback (display). This alone is a killer for me.

You don't specify error conditions.  What happens when the MEGA fails, hangs in reset with all outputs HIGH (1111) which is not a valid BCD character?

What is the ESD environment? Is it in a clean room, or an industrial (dirty, wet, Shakey, Hot, Cold) environment?

You don't specify initial Conditions, min/max ranges.

You don't specify the hardware refresh rate used to read the switches.

How many nanoseconds does the Mega have to update its 4pin BCD output?

Does the hardware 'read' the switches in any specific order.

Are you going to provide hardware for testing?

What is the 'DANGER' quotient?  Does this device control mechanisms that have the possibility to endanger, injure humans?

color me gone.

Chuck.
Currently built mega http server, Now converting it to ESP32.

aarg

A squirt of contact cleaner in each switch might be easier/cheaper.
Leo..
I think you should bill him for that advice. :)
  ... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

gpsmikey

mikey
-- you can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !
old engineering saying: 1+1 = 3 for sufficiently large values of 1 or small values of 3

ChrisTenone

$30 for ten minutes work? Ok, that's 180 an hour. Not bad, slightly more than I make at my job. So yeah, I'll do it.

My attorney insists that we have a written agreement though. Would this be ok with you? She says $30 for the first 10 minutes, then $270 an hour (her 33% fee has to come out of it) for anything over 10 minutes. PM me your information and she will send you a contract.
What, I need to say something else too?

jremington

Who will bet Chris would stall after 10 minutes... ;)

I still can't figure out the schematic posted, and it would take me at least 10 minutes of research to look up the various parts so that I understand the logic. For example, what does "wire C" from each switch to the display element do and where does the tap from C go?

ChrisTenone

Who will bet Chris would stall after 10 minutes... ;)

I still can't figure out the schematic posted, and it would take me at least 10 minutes of research to look up the various parts so that I understand the logic. For example, what does "wire C" from each switch to the display element do and where does the tap from C go?
Not "stall". QC.
What, I need to say something else too?

Robin2

$30 just gets the lid of the laptop opened - as long as it is one that is easy to open.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

sarouje

understanding that schema will take more than 10 mins. 

Chris, first i thought you came up with some clever tag line :)
Sony Arouje
http://sonyarouje.com

[Please don't send Personal Messages for any Technical question, use forum instead.]

Budvar10

$30 just gets the lid of the laptop opened - as long as it is one that is easy to open.

...R
Robin, I would not want from you to open my laptop. :) (sorry for OT)

Arduino clone with ATmega1284P   http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0

Go Up