Go Down

Topic: BLE doesn't work with barrel jack power supply (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

bek12

BLE only works on my Arduino 101 board when the USB power supply is attached.  When powering board with 9v or 12v through the barrel jack, I cannot connect to the board via BLE but all other aspects of the board appear to function properly.  Faulty board?

lucasainsworth

BLE is working fine for me with Arduino 101 and a 12v wall wart to the barrel jack.  Maybe it's a faulty board or power supply issue?

facchinm

Please make sure that your sketch is not waiting forever for the Serial port (eg. with a while !Serial ) since the Serial object is instantiated only if the USB is connected.

tantra23

I need to press the master reset button every time to get the BLE to work with the barrel jack supply. I am using a 12V 1A power supply. It connects directly when powered using the USB (I don't need to keep pressing the reset button). Why does this happen? I do not have a while(!Serial) loop in my code.

bek12

I am having the same problem with having to press master reset to get BLE to work. Did you find a solution?

headingwest

Exactly the same issue for me. BLE connects with USB power, fails to connect with 12v power. I'm not initializing the serial, so that's not the issue.

Very frustrating.

Go Up