Go Down

Topic: Don't get data from Arduino via serial USB after a day (Read 4826 times) previous topic - next topic

oduino

26 hours ... There's hope! ...

In the meanwhile I strongly believe the problem was on the Raspberry side. Yesterday I watched the serial device with
Code: [Select]
screen /dev/ttyACM0
 and got a very similar effect I had the day before. Due to the massive debug printing I added on the Arduino side I saw some characters that my python script was printing via pyserial but the communication was seriously hurt by this screen command. And via screen I saw much more characters as if screen stole the show. It was a mess that I did not manage to clean up.

But the new communication patters I am having now seems to work.

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

oduino

coming home from a few days of vacation now and it's 6,8 days now. So it really seams to work. However for safety reasons I will include some lines of code to reconnect the Raspberry to the Arduino and reset the serial connection in case there hasn't been an entry of sensor data in my database for over 100 seconds. Thx for all the goodwill!

Robin2

Thanks for the feedback. Hope the vacation was fun.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up