uploading code to board/avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

i got myself a elego smart robot car :confused: , runs on the Arduino UNO r3. after verifying the code which i got from

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=312570.0

all is good but when I go to upload, i get a error code down below. the setup correct,the right board is selected and the correct COM is selected.

Any info is appreciated, thank you

-Lord CRO

PS:I plan on turning the car into a simple lawn mower, Dont worry i somewhat know what i'am doing ,Safty last right?

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 15 2015 at 19:59:58
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM6
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x49

avrdude done. Thank you.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

Which OS?

windows 7 64bit

That message as to do with the Serial port, the IDE can't sync with the USB port to start uploading.
Check if you haven't anything connected to the Serial RX / TX. Check if the USB port is well soldered, etc.

i did upload a program to the board, with all the attachments to it, IE motor controller etc. and communication was good i was able to upload,although the programs was butt, still everything is correctly configured physically. board seems fine. although i did edit the Arduino library so that the programs could compile correctly, but only thing i messed with was the IRremote.h file that should have no on the program transferring to the board

as always appreciate any help

Arank

i did check the pins and all are in the correct pin layout if thats what your referring to by the
"Check if you haven't anything connected to the Serial RX / TX"

I'm confused... you say you cannot upload to the board in your first post, but in your last post you say you uploaded a program in the past. What changed between when you could upload and when you couldn't?

It is expected that if you ahve anything connected to pins 0 or 1, you cannot upload code - those pins are the serial TX/RX pins, and are used to upload the code to the chip. Almost anything connected to them will interfere with uploads.

ill take a look sorry i have been away, will take a look, but to clarify i used the board previously, for another code, therefore the board should not be damaged or at fault for the issue. now when i upload the new code this issue appears. ill make sure i take a look at the 0 and 1 pin,

thank you