Go Down

Topic: Example Code Won't Compile (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

chenhuang444

I have decided to start a project using Arduino, however, after I finished installing the IDE and loaded up the example blinky program and clicked verify, there was an error message. I have attached the error message below.

pert

Delete the folder C:\Users\Chen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc and restart the Arduino IDE. The problem is that the LTO compile switches added in the Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.12 included with Arduino IDE 1.6.10 are not compatible with avr-gcc 4.8.1-arduino5 that is installed. Since Arduino IDE includes a newer version of avr-gcc that does support these switches, deleting the old version of avr-gcc should fix the issue.

Do you have any 3rd party boards installed via Boards Manager?

pert

Also, in the future please put any error/warning messages right in your post using code tags(</> button on the toolbar) instead of using an attachment. This makes it easier for people on the forum to look at your problem and will make it more likely that you will get help.

chenhuang444

Also, in the future please put any error/warning messages right in your post using code tags(</> button on the toolbar) instead of using an attachment. This makes it easier for people on the forum to look at your problem and will make it more likely that you will get help.
Thank you very much! Now I can get started on my keyboard circuit I was doing. I will take not of posting error messages in the post the next time I have trouble. Thank you for the pointer!

Go Up