Go Down

Topic: An error occurred while uploading the sketch. (Read 200566 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

@hayttom

I see you are using the windows STORE APP.

Some people have reported issues with that version so we usually recommend using the full version download.
Many have said that it works better and has cured thier problems.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

hayttom

Somehow today everything seems to be uploading normally.  If there are any theories about what was going wrong I'd be interested to hear them, but otherwise I guess this is resolved.

jimhanlon

I can't upload the demo sketch "Blink" to a UNO from the IDE 1.8.13.   The Acer Nitro 5 PC is running Windows 10 Home.  Version 1909  Build 18363.1198

I have tried all three USB ports on the PC.   The IDE sees the UNO Board and reports Board Info with no problem, but when I try to upload the sketch, I get the following detailed error code.  I have tried changing to Port 4 and also to Port 10, but same result.    I've also tried running an earlier version of the IDE - 1.6.8 but with the same results.    

UNO Board works fine with an older PC.  

Any thoughts?

Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows Store 1.8.42.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 924 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\hanlo\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515383/Blink.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM3

Using Programmer              : arduino

Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": Access is denied.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

ballscrewbob

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

uhnewo

I've been trying to run a temperature sensor code using Arduino and I was able to upload it on a different PC, but when I am trying to upload it on my laptop it results in the following error message:
Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 3588 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 244 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1804 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

D:\Arudino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CD:\Arudino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM4 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\owenz\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_614977/E2_BMD.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "D:\Arudino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM4

Using Programmer              : arduino

Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

ballscrewbob

@uhnewo

You bypassed a post on your way in.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Go Up