where should i put completed projects?

brenden_nerd_:
if I have a project that I finished that I feel like showing off and around. where should I put it... I know of instrucables but that's really for if I'm showing you how to build it rather than being like "here's the code here's a schematic, figure it out!" any suggestions (current things I have our an Arduino Gameboy, 2 watches, and a soon to be terminal based computer.)

there are a few limitations on this board, such as 9000 character limit and no visual editor, that mean maybe you want to post it somewhere else and link from the Exhibition/Gallery.

So, I have one idea for you. I run a general Electronics forum that is at the intersection of Arduino projects (like yours) and microcontroller electronics, but also Raspberry Pi stuff and embedded PC, and also learning and getting from these all the way to manufacturing. We have a lot of beginners. An example of an article I wrote is this which had a couple of thousand views and about a hundred upvotes on reddit. I just mention it because there are still a few hundred people visiting through regularly, and I think they'd love to see your write-up!

Of course in addition to anyone looking at the link from here. You also have access to a place where you can 'stage' it meaning work on it pre-publication until it's ready, so you can get it just right and then post it. I think it would be a good match for your format!!

so I would encourage you to do it at http://curious.boards.net since 1) it's exactly what we're about, 2) there are interested people, 3) I run it and if you need anything you can reach out 4) it supports editing it and working on a draft version as long as you want, without risk of losing it or anything. So, that would be my suggestion.

In the grand scheme of things, if you just want to do it here 9000 characters is plenty (plus you can split it into two comments) and so is editiing text markup, so there's nothing nothing inherently better about my forum than posting here directly. You just have to compare the visual editor and style and what I or others have posted, with what you can make here.

I can't promise you fame. I can't promise you fortune. What I can promise you is views and karma. :smiley: Anyway as good a choice as any.