Go Down

Topic: [Answered] JY-MCU BlueTooth for music in and data out. (Read 754 times) previous topic - next topic

CosmickGold

Aug 30, 2016, 05:03 am Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016, 12:08 pm by CosmickGold
I want to send music from a tablet to a headband through a BlueTooth transceiver, while sending motion data back from the headband through the same BlueTooth to the tablet.

In the headband, I'm using the JY-MCU BlueTooth breakout board, which has the four pins: B+, Ground, TX, and RX. It's two data pins connect to the Pro Mini Arduino, also in the headband.

I have found plenty of info about how to send/receive data with this setup, but nothing at all about including the audio. Why is that? Is the addition of audio, a concept that is not technically feasible?

Hopefully, someone here can fill me in on how to accomplish this.

Grumpy_Mike

but nothing at all about including the audio. Why is that? Is the addition of audio, a concept that is not technically feasible?
It looks like that Bluetooth module is not capable of working in an audio mode. A lot of modules are not. Also the Arduino is a bit slow and lacking in memory for streaming audio to.
Many have asked this but I have not seen a solution for it yet.

CosmickGold

It looks like that Bluetooth module is not capable ....
Thank you Grumpy, for clearly confirming my suspicions. Now I know to aim for a set of speakers at the tablet instead.

Grumpy_Mike

CosmickGold

That is indeed the perfect module for what I have in mind; handling data in/out, dual-channel audio in/out, and (I think) even digital control pins in/out.  They did a great job creating that, and SparkFun appears to have the lowest price.

Double thanks!

Go Up