No driver for nano

Hi guys, I am running windows 7 and recently had a hard drive failure so i've reloaded most of my stuff onto a new hard drive.
I cannot get my nanos (5) to work. In device manager is says no driver for usb serial 2.0. I have searched with no luck. I've gone to samsungs website and updated all my drivers. I've un-installed and re-installed arduino. I also have a mega and uno and work fine. I have 5 nanos none of them are connecting. Any help would be great please. I've spent waaaaay to long on this and and very frustrated.

Thanks guys

Look at the backside of your Nanos.
I suspect you bought clones and either the USB communication chips are CH340 types or FTDI type.

Normally the most current versions of Windows support FTDI without having to install a special driver (although Microsoft and FTDI have issued OS patches which can identify counterfeit FTDI chips and will block them).

Hope you will find CH340. Those just need a special driver for any OS.
Then let us know what you found.

rpt007:
Look at the backside of your Nanos.
I suspect you bought clones and either the USB communication chips are CH340 types or FTDI type.

Normally the most current versions of Windows support FTDI without having to install a special driver (although Microsoft and FTDI have issued OS patches which can identify counterfeit FTDI chips and will block them).

Hope you will find CH340. Those just need a special driver for any OS.
Then let us know what you found.

Spot on mate. I got the magnifying glass out and sure enough it's a CH340. You beauty. Thank you so much. I'm stoked and have learnt another thing today. You rock.

Great - and there is so much more to learn with Arduino, you will get addicted, so be careful :slight_smile:

Addit:
To attract new readers to open this thread with same problem: could you pls mark this thread with "SOLVED" in the headline. Thank you.