Go Down

Topic: 16-bit handheld game system code debugging help (Read 760 times) previous topic - next topic

Duhjoker

Sep 27, 2016, 09:30 am Last Edit: Sep 27, 2016, 09:34 am by Duhjoker
    hi there

Theres a small company called gamebuino that makes lil pocket sized almost 8-bit hand held game system that you can also build games for. I say almost 8-bit because of the technology used, specifically a 84 x 48 5110 nokia screen that has to use frame rates and alternating sprites to create black and grey. im not knocking them or trolling them, im just laying out the facts.

I want to improve on their designs and create a 256K color screen and 32-bit processor to get up to some small 16-bit games. I personally do not want any thing out of this but the system im building so no spoilers, any one is welcome to the finished product,

My mcu is a teensy 3.2 with 32-bit processor and 256k so theres plenty of power and and memory for some cool projects.

The lcd is an inhaos LCD_2000_7775 256k color oled. I wanted a cheap screen that was highly available and raedy to use and these guys popped up. only problem is they are so new me and a few other people are the only documented people trying to work with it. They are just as stuck as I am but im getting closer.

I started by trying to get the lcd,s .h and .cpp to work with the teensys gfx library so it would be compatible, I also did some cleaning up of stuff would never be used and added a tile map function that allows the user to make an array of bytes to lay down multiple bitmaps and create a well tilemap or world map.

it a very cheap function on the const byte because saves arrays of bytes instead of multiple bitmaps.

im almost done with the library but I keep having problems with the multiple bitmap files when I try to compile a simple bitmap.

Theres no reference that I can find to explain what the arguments do in each bit map function so I don't know how to write variables in the ().

heres the errors......

Code: [Select]

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 7), TD: 1.30-beta3, Board: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz optimize speed (overclock), US English"

BITMAP: In function 'void loop()':
BITMAP:76: error: no matching function for call to 'LCD_2000_7775::drawBitmap(int, int, int, int, int, int)'
    TFTscreen.drawBitmap(0,0,1,1,0,200);

^

C:\Users\duhjoker\Desktop\BITMAP\BITMAP.ino:76:38: note: candidate is:

In file included from C:\Users\duhjoker\Desktop\BITMAP\BITMAP.ino:19:0:

C:\Users\duhjoker\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LCD_2000_7775\src/LCD_2000_7775.h:37:8: note: void LCD_2000_7775::drawBitmap(uint16_t*, uint16_t, uint16_t, uint16_t, uint16_t)

void drawBitmap(uint16_t* data, uint16_t x ,uint16_t y,uint16_t with , uint16_t height);

^

C:\Users\duhjoker\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LCD_2000_7775\src/LCD_2000_7775.h:37:8: note:   candidate expects 5 arguments, 6 provided

no matching function for call to 'LCD_2000_7775::drawBitmap(int, int, int, int, int, int)'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I was wondering if I could get some help debugging the rest of what I have.

im including the modified src code with an example called bit map. its a simple sketch that should print a bitmap image of link from the legend of Zelda.

im also working on two games to be released with the system. legend of Zelda nes and dragonwarrior nes to show off the screen and technology.

i would be willing to give a couple prototypes out

GameR the DIY Arduino powered gaming device that does more...

https://github.com/Duhjoker/GameR-Iot_T3
https://github.com/Duhjoker/GameR-Iot_ESP

PaulS

I was wondering if I could get some help debugging the rest of what I have.
I don't understand what the problem is. The compiler is telling you that there is only function called drawBitmap() in the library, and that the function takes 5 arguments. So, why are you trying to call it with 6 arguments? Where is the data that it supposed to be the bitmap?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Duhjoker

There are 4 different drawBitMap functions in the library. There is no reference for what arguments are being used and what they mean.

But last night I ran across some info that might help.
GameR the DIY Arduino powered gaming device that does more...

https://github.com/Duhjoker/GameR-Iot_T3
https://github.com/Duhjoker/GameR-Iot_ESP

Go Up