Go Down

Topic: Will pay for arduino code (Read 2248 times) previous topic - next topic

Delta_G

Sep 13, 2019, 05:48 am Last Edit: Sep 13, 2019, 05:48 am by Delta_G
What is the magic that caused this topic to be
read 1600+ times? :)
First two words of the title. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

KASSIMSAMJI

Expert To Be: Machine Learning And Computer/Machine Vision (ML/CV/MV)

rfowler416

How much you willing to pay?  That sounds like a pretty involved undertaking.  Won't be cheap. 
Well, that's a little vague, but name your price and I'll consider it.  Obviously there's a tipping point where it's just not worth it, but I'd definitely like to get this done.  I had sort of figured that someone a little more versed than myself would be able to find existing code somewhere and I could build to match it.  Failing that, I didn't think it would be too difficult for one of you experts to write up.  If it's too much for you to reasonably take on then so be it, but I'm very interested in making this and seeing how it works.

Delta_G

Sep 13, 2019, 06:51 pm Last Edit: Sep 13, 2019, 06:56 pm by Delta_G
Well, that's a little vague, but name your price and I'll consider it.  Obviously there's a tipping point where it's just not worth it, but I'd definitely like to get this done.  I had sort of figured that someone a little more versed than myself would be able to find existing code somewhere and I could build to match it.  Failing that, I didn't think it would be too difficult for one of you experts to write up.  If it's too much for you to reasonably take on then so be it, but I'm very interested in making this and seeing how it works.
I'm sorry.  Perhaps you don't understand this negotiation.  I asked you first.  How much are you willing to pay. 

This sounds like it will be a lot of work.  It gets tiresome all the people who come in and want me to spend hours coding and if I quote it any more than $20 or $50 then they run off.  So I want to know if you're serious about paying to have this done or if you think this is going to be cheap.  I want to know if it is even worth my time to try to think about quoting it. 

How much money (in hundreds of dollars) are you willing to spend on this?

I usually ask for something like $20 - $30 per hour for development stuff like this.  And I see many many days of work on this, plus the debugging.  The code might not be that hard, but there could be a LOT of hardware debugging to do. 

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

rfowler416

Sep 13, 2019, 11:51 pm Last Edit: Sep 13, 2019, 11:54 pm by rfowler416
I'm sorry.  Perhaps you don't understand this negotiation.  I asked you first.  How much are you willing to pay. 

This sounds like it will be a lot of work.  It gets tiresome all the people who come in and want me to spend hours coding and if I quote it any more than $20 or $50 then they run off.  So I want to know if you're serious about paying to have this done or if you think this is going to be cheap.  I want to know if it is even worth my time to try to think about quoting it. 

How much money (in hundreds of dollars) are you willing to spend on this?

I usually ask for something like $20 - $30 per hour for development stuff like this.  And I see many many days of work on this, plus the debugging.  The code might not be that hard, but there could be a LOT of hardware debugging to do. 

My sincerest apologies.  I was of the mistaken understanding that you were the expert and I was the prospective customer.  It doesn't sound like you're interested in doing the work, but thank you for responding anyway.  Had you been interested I would have been willing to pay two "hundreds of dollars", provided that it worked properly and was delivered in a timely manner.  Of course, I would prefer that the service be rendered without so many smartass remarks, as I already have a reliable local supply of those, so in your case I would deduct at least .5 "hundreds of dollars" for each such remark.  I understand that the time investment may be significantly more than I had imagined, but then, that's why I'm the inquirer and you're the expert.  There doesn't seem much harm in asking.  Thank you!

Delta_G

Sep 13, 2019, 11:57 pm Last Edit: Sep 14, 2019, 12:04 am by Delta_G
Nevermind then

J-M-L

Oct 12, 2019, 09:42 am Last Edit: Oct 12, 2019, 09:52 am by J-M-L
I know companies that charge 500€ to 2000€ a day for mix of software and and hardware engineering work. Of course they have administrative overhead and tax

At $30 it would definitely be on the cheap side  and Delat_G Is no newbie and quite experienced... - $200 does not even get you a day of work which is *very* far from the work needed to match specific needs of writing the code, testing and debugging

You could have a look at this Make an Autonomous "Follow Me" Cooler project - about $200 just for parts assuming you have access to a 3D printer. Not sure the wheels would go all-terrains on that one though (eg sandy beach)

There is another post where @silente offers to work for free - May be he is a good practitioner and interested in your project
Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

sancusa

Just curious, what would such a tracker car used for?

J-M-L

Just curious, what would such a tracker car used for?
Answer in #12
I want a cooler to follow me as I walk from my truck to the softball field, beach, etc
Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

rfowler416

I know companies that charge 500€ to 2000€ a day for mix of software and and hardware engineering work. Of course they have administrative overhead and tax

At $30 it would definitely be on the cheap side  and Delat_G Is no newbie and quite experienced... - $200 does not even get you a day of work which is *very* far from the work needed to match specific needs of writing the code, testing and debugging

You could have a look at this Make an Autonomous "Follow Me" Cooler project - about $200 just for parts assuming you have access to a 3D printer. Not sure the wheels would go all-terrains on that one though (eg sandy beach)

There is another post where @silente offers to work for free - May be he is a good practitioner and interested in your project
I think you've rather missed the point of what I'm looking for here, but thanks for giving me a ballpark number, even if it's for something well above and beyond what I actually need.

Go Up