Go Down

Topic: Atmega328pu burning bootloader(minimal circuit version) (Read 282 times) previous topic - next topic

Alvin_freeman

Dec 08, 2018, 11:02 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018, 11:03 pm by Alvin_freeman
Hi all, I want to burn my atmega328pu bootloader to 8mhz one with this tutorial: ArduinoToBreadboard everything is okay in my circuit but I received this error when burning:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x67
Error while burning bootloader. 

What is the problem?

spycatcher2k

It's either your wiring, you forgetting to upload the Arduino as ISP sketch, not connecting a crystal if required or missing the reset capacitor, but as you have provided absolutely no information as to what you have done, or shown how you have wired stuff, take a guess what my answer is!
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

Alvin_freeman

It's either your wiring, you forgetting to upload the Arduino as ISP sketch, not connecting a crystal if required or missing the reset capacitor, but as you have provided absolutely no information as to what you have done, or shown how you have wired stuff, take a guess what my answer is!
I siad before if you read title!, l didn't use anything like crystal or cap because it's a miniml version, I didn't forget arduino as ISP.

spycatcher2k

Dec 09, 2018, 10:25 pm Last Edit: Dec 09, 2018, 10:25 pm by spycatcher2k
I siad before if you read title!, l didn't use anything like crystal or cap because it's a miniml version, I didn't forget arduino as ISP.
What does siad mean? What does miniml mean?

Oh, not reading the title? WTF has that to do with my response?

With this level of attention to detail, I assume you are doing something wrong.

If the Chip has been programmed before, it MAY have been set to use a crystal, so you need one to re-program the fuses. And WHY are you not using a capacitor to stop your Arduino from resetting when you try to program the chip?

Could you take a close up, in focus picture of YOUR wiring (Note : I said YOUR not a response saying that you followed the post on the internet).

Mrs Drew
-=-
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

Alvin_freeman

What does siad mean? What does miniml mean?

Oh, not reading the title? WTF has that to do with my response?

With this level of attention to detail, I assume you are doing something wrong.

If the Chip has been programmed before, it MAY have been set to use a crystal, so you need one to re-program the fuses. And WHY are you not using a capacitor to stop your Arduino from resetting when you try to program the chip?

Could you take a close up, in focus picture of YOUR wiring (Note : I said YOUR not a response saying that you followed the post on the internet).

Okay, did you read the tutorial in my first post!!!(it is from arduino website), I can't see any kind of capacitor or crystal in it for burning bootloader.(in the minimal version)

spycatcher2k

I'm now going to go SLOWLY.

Post a picture of your wiring.

Explain where you got your chip from, is it new, or from a different PCB.

Are you using an Arduino UNO or different Arduino?

Have you set the programmer as 'Arduino as ISP' or 'ArduinoISP'

can you place a capacitor 1uF or higher on the RESET line to +5V and retry.

Please try to understand, your frustration at your project not working is not our fault.
No one here can see your wiring, or what you have hooked up to your breadboard, or what you have pressed on your IDE, MOST errors of this type are due to mis-wiring, or not understanding the track layout on breadboards (Especially split power rails).

I do want to get you up and running, but you are not giving much help in allowing me to do so.
Mrs Drew
-=-

Alvin_freeman

Dec 09, 2018, 11:45 pm Last Edit: Dec 09, 2018, 11:48 pm by Alvin_freeman
I'm now going to go SLOWLY.

Post a picture of your wiring.

Explain where you got your chip from, is it new, or from a different PCB.

Are you using an Arduino UNO or different Arduino?

Have you set the programmer as 'Arduino as ISP' or 'ArduinoISP'

can you place a capacitor 1uF or higher on the RESET line to +5V and retry.

Please try to understand, your frustration at your project not working is not our fault.
No one here can see your wiring, or what you have hooked up to your breadboard, or what you have pressed on your IDE, MOST errors of this type are due to mis-wiring, or not understanding the track layout on breadboards (Especially split power rails).

I do want to get you up and running, but you are not giving much help in allowing me to do so.
It's not new, my arduino is UNO, I removed it from arduino, I hope it's my fault. I will test it with cap and crystal, wiring and other things are correct, pff... I know power rails or IDE.

spycatcher2k

I removed it from arduino, I hope it's my fault
Yip - you need the crystal & caps (or a 16mhz resonator) - even if you are going to flash it to use the internal 8mhz, as it needs them to be programmed.

:)  - glad we got there in the end.
Mrs Drew
-=-

Go Up