Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega timeout error. (Read 668 times) previous topic - next topic

akatchi

Hey guys,

I'm having this problem for a long while now and I can't FIND a fix at all!
My Arduino Mega has the following error:
'avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer'
Which is really annoying, and no I don't have 3 exclamations (!!!) in my code, that's not it.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix it, I'm kinda newbie so I would appreciate it if you'd explain it with details :D.

Thanks in advance.

(Also I'm using a MacBook).

akatchi

I would really love to know a fix for this!

rpt007

Oct 16, 2016, 12:47 am Last Edit: Oct 16, 2016, 12:48 am by rpt007
To help you, we need additional information:
1. What operating system do you use (Windows, Linux, Mac) and what version of the operating system?
2. Did you buy an original Mega or a clone?
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand How to use this forum ?
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

akatchi

To help you, we need additional information:
1. What operating system do you use (Windows, Linux, Mac) and what version of the operating system?
2. Did you buy an original Mega or a clone?
As I said I'm using Mac the newest version :).
And I think I bought a clone.. didn't even know there were clones.. I have one that's made in China so must be a clone.

rpt007

So you are using Sierra.

If you use the forum's search function you will find a lot of threads addressing this problem (Sierra and CH340 clones most likely).

Some people report they could fix the problem, some didn't have luck. I can't tell you what recipe really will work as I am still on Yosemite which works flawlessly with all my Arduinos (and I got a lot different ones incl. originals and clones).
-> Never touch a running system ...
Therefor I'll stay on my OS X as long as it is supported and hope, when it's getting outdated, that the biggest issues with Sierra and Co. are gone and they will support Arduino clones without any hassle in a future version ..)

But as you are already on Sierra:

1. Search for  "Sierra, Mega clone"
2. Read the thread and think about what could best describe your own situation with the Mega and follow the recipe(s) which eventually could help

Unfortunately that's the only advice I can give.
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand How to use this forum ?
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

Go Up