Go Down

Topic: Error when downloading sketch (Read 646 times) previous topic - next topic

Alasdaird

When I try to download the example 'blink' sketch I get the following error:

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Zero (Programming Port)"

Sketch uses 9,440 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262,144 bytes.
C:\Users\Isaebail\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino/bin/openocd.exe -d2 -s C:\Users\Isaebail\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino/share/openocd/scripts/ -f C:\Users\Isaebail\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.8/variants/arduino_zero/openocd_scripts/arduino_zero.cfg -c telnet_port disabled; program {{C:\Users\Isaebail\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_100103/Blink.ino.bin}} verify reset 0x00002000; shutdown
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\Isaebail\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino/bin/openocd.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
   at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
   at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
   at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:206)
   at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
   at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:707)
   at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:680)
   at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2176)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
   ... 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

The board is a Genuino zero and the arduino environment seems to find the USB drivers and connect to them - it shows board as Arduino/Genuino zero programming port and the port as COM4. when I hit the  'get board info' button it replies with board info.

I have got the environment and board to work with another PC ; however the one I wish to use I had problems with  AVG anti-viorus software and I think I may have corrupted some files accidently. I tried unistalling the arduino IDE and re-installing , however this did not seem to help.

Any ideas?

Go Up