Go Down

Topic: Driver (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

jolohaj

When I connect my (genuine) Arduino UNO to my laptop USB port the driver does not load. I have downloaded the Windows Installer version of the IDE. Even when I go into Device Manager and "Update Driver" it cannot find "arduino.inf" in the Drivers folder. I am running Win 7 64 bit OS. I did see a reference to "RunOnce" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE ...... in an older help file but the website link was broken! Would appreciate help on this.

ballscrewbob

Run Once entries are usually nothing to be worried about and can be part of many different programs.

Depending on where you purchased your Arduino you may need to download another driver that is not included in the IDE.

Have you tried installing the CH340 drivers (not included with the IDE)

The drivers for REAL Arduinos are locates in C:\program Files (x86}\Arduino\Drivers\
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

paiblaspebill

Hi. It's better to install Arduino software and take note to check in Install USB driver during installation setup. That's all.

ballscrewbob

Good point paiblaspebill.

However that never includes all the drivers available for all the variations of the Arduinos.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

rpt007

In this case the OP referred to a
(genuine) Arduino UNO
, so the "normal" driver would do until he buys a clone.
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand How to use this forum ?
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

ballscrewbob

The "Genuino" name and "genuine" are and have been transposed more than once and confused with what is in the IDE and a clone.

Go Up