Power for Neopixel Cube

HI CrossRoads,, sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, I know currently it's underpowered, but I'm surprised at the brightness I'm getting out of the 5A 4A supply, and even just one 3.7 volt battery works 'ok'.

Oh, and I've got the full six panels working - the plan is to be able to place the cube on a stand for full, mains power through switching DC supply of some sort...

As I'm at the beginning of prototyping this, I'm starting low power, and will move up once I have things working well. If I did want to go for a full power, what would you reccommend? I'd like something 'for the home' - i.e. not a huge thing, but then I don't know what's possible/available.

Regarding batteries - one for each side sounds ok - again, what kind of thing? I've been using something like this, (one for the MCU, one for the panels:

Should I get some kind of powerboost? Is the adafruit powerboost something I could use for upping the supply to 5V and for charging?

Totally new to this, so any help gratefully received.

I'd actually like to collaborate with someone on this for things like power/charging etc - you interested? :)'